The Washington Nationals (4-5) and Pittsburgh Pirates (4-4) clash on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET.
The Nationals (-116 on the moneyline) play the Pirates (-104) in an expected close matchup. The Nationals will give the ball to Patrick Corbin against the Pirates and Jose Quintana. The total for this game is set at 8.5.
Nationals vs. Pirates Predictions
Nationals vs. Pirates Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Nationals vs. Pirates Hitting Splits 2021
- The Nationals averaged 1.1 homers per game when playing away from home last season (87 total in road contests).
- The Nationals slugged .404 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team averaged 8.7 hits per game and batted .251 away from home last season.
- The Nationals scored an average of 4.6 runs per game on the road.
- The Nationals averaged 3.7 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .404 on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 58 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .377 in home games last season with 209 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 7.9 base hits per game and hit .245 as a team at home last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4.1 runs per contest.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .322 and drew 3.5 walks per game.
- They struck out 7.8 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Nationals vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin has started two games with set spreads, and the Nationals failed to cover in both chances.
- The Nationals have always been the moneyline underdog when Corbin starts this season.
- His team lost both of the games he’s appeared in this season.
- Corbin’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Projected starter: José Quintana
- Quintana helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Quintana’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Quintana with a total this season hit the under.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto leads the Nationals with three home runs and has a team-high batting average of .344.
- Soto ranks fifth in home runs and 102nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Soto takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .412 with a double, two home runs, six walks and two RBI.
- Josh Bell has been productive as he leads his team with eight runs batted in.
- Bell ranks 55th in homers and ninth in RBI this year.
- Bell enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last nine games he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, seven walks and eight RBI.
- Maikel Franco paces the Nationals with eight runs batted in.
- Franco takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Nelson Cruz is hitting .182 with a home run and four walks.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Michael Chavis is batting .500 for Pittsburgh with a team-high five RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Chavis ranks 55th in homers and 44th in RBI.
- Ben Gamel has collected four hits this season and has an OBP of .357. He’s slugging .364 on the year.
- Gamel ranks 55th in home runs and 68th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes’ batting average of .400 leads all Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Hayes enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .400 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds’ two home runs are most among Pittsburgh batters. He’s driven in three runs this season while slugging .455.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.