The New Orleans Pelicans are 10.5-point underdogs heading into Game 1 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Phoenix Suns at Footprint Center on Sunday, starting at 9:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 226.5.
Suns vs. Pelicans Predictions
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Suns vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Phoenix is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Phoenix’s past 10 contests saw three hit the over.
- The last 10 Suns games averaged 228.2 total points, 1.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Suns have scored 0.2 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- New Orleans covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- New Orleans’ past 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The Pelicans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 226.4 points scored. That’s 0.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Pelicans are scoring 114.7 points per game compared to their 109.3 season average.
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread in a matchup 44 times this season (44-38-0).
- In games this season when favored by 10.5 points or more, the Suns have gone 8-9 against the spread.
- Phoenix’s games have gone over the total 41 times this season.
- This season, the Suns have a 48.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.4% higher than the 47.1% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have knocked down.
- Phoenix is 32-21 against the spread and 46-7 overall when it shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- New Orleans has put together a record of 42-40-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 10.5-point underdogs or more, the Pelicans have an ATS record of 2-2.
- Games involving New Orleans have hit the over 34 times this season.
- New Orleans has compiled a 29-14 record against the spread and a 27-16 straight up record in games it shoots above 44.4% from the field.
Suns vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- Phoenix and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (226.5 points) 33 times this season.
- In New Orleans’ 82 games this season, 28 have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s over/under of 226.5.
- The over/under for the contest of 226.5 is 2.4 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Suns (114.8 points per game) and the Pelicans (109.3 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 217.6 points per game, 8.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Suns games is 3.7 points fewer than the over/under of 226.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 6.2 points more than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games this season (220.3 points).
Suns Team Leaders
- Devin Booker: 26.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.6 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (183-for-478)
- Chris Paul: 14.7 PTS, 10.8 AST, 1.9 STL, 49.3 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (63-for-199)
- Mikal Bridges: 14.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 53.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (115-for-312)
- Deandre Ayton: 17.2 PTS, 10.2 REB, 63.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (7-for-19)
- JaVale McGee: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 62.9 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 17.8 PTS, 11.4 REB, 54.4 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (57-for-158)
- Devonte’ Graham: 11.9 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (192-for-563)
- Herbert Jones: 9.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 47.6 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (57-for-169)
- Jaxson Hayes: 9.3 PTS, 61.6 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (20-for-57)
- Garrett Temple: 5.2 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (59-for-185)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.