The Philadelphia Phillies (3-5) take a four-game losing run into a road matchup versus the Miami Marlins (3-4), at 6:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Phillies are favored (-112) in a projected evenly matched game against the Marlins (-108). The Phillies will give the ball to Ranger Suarez against the Marlins and Trevor Rogers. The total for this game is 7.5.
Phillies vs. Marlins Predictions
Phillies vs. Marlins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Phillies vs. Marlins Hitting Splits 2021
- The Phillies averaged 1.3 homers per game when playing away from home last season (103 total in road outings).
- The Phillies averaged 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .404 on the road.
- The club batted .236 with 651 hits (8.0 per game) on the road last season.
- The Phillies’ offense averaged 4.6 runs in road games.
- The Phillies averaged 3.4 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .404 on the road.
- The club averaged 8.9 strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 71 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .369 in home games last season with 187 extra-base hits.
- In home games last season, they had a .238 AVG with 7.8 base hits per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4.0 runs per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .303 with 2.7 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 747 times in 81 games last season, an average of 9.2 per contest.
Phillies vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ranger Suárez
- Suarez has started just one game with a set spread, which the Phillies failed to cover.
- The Phillies were favored on the moneyline for one Suarez start this season — they won.
- His team won the only matchup he’s appeared in this season.
- Suarez’s lone start with a total this season pushed.
Projected starter: Trevor Rogers
- Rogers helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Rogers’ team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Rogers with a total this season hit the under.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Bryce Harper hit 35 home runs while putting up a batting average of .309 last season.
- Nicholas Castellanos collected 100 runs batted in while batting .309 batting average.
- Jean Segura hit .290 a season ago with 27 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 39 walks.
- Kyle Schwarber hit .266 with 19 doubles, 32 home runs and 64 walks.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Jesus Sanchez is batting .310 this season with two home runs, both rank first among Miami hitters.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Sanchez ranks 11th in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in home runs (two) and runs batted in (seven) this season while batting .278.
- Chisholm is 11th overall in home runs and ninth in RBI this season.
- Joey Wendle has seven hits this season and a slash line of .368/.400/.474.
- Wendle enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .280 with an OBP of .379 and a slugging percentage of .440 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.