The Minnesota Twins (2-4) visit the Boston Red Sox (3-4) at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Red Sox (-119 on the moneyline) and the Twins (-101) will take the field in a projected tight contest. The Red Sox will start Tanner Houck versus the Twins and Sonny Gray. The over/under for this game is 9.5.
Red Sox vs. Twins Predictions
Red Sox vs. Twins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Twins Hitting Splits 2021
- The Red Sox hit 108 home runs at home last season (1.3 per game).
- The Red Sox averaged 3.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .481 in home contests.
- The team batted .281 with 764 hits (9.4 per game) at home last season.
- The Red Sox averaged 5.8 runs per home game.
- The Red Sox had a .350 on-base percentage and averaged 3.3 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.7 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 116 homers, an average of 1.4 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .427 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 8.4 base hits per game and had a .244 batting average on the road last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 4.5 runs per contest.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .310 and drew 3.1 walks per game.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 9.0 strikeouts per contest.
Red Sox vs. Twins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Tanner Houck
- Houck has started just one game with a set spread, which the Red Sox covered.
- The Red Sox have yet to be named a moneyline favorite when Houck starts this season.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Houck’s only start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Sonny Gray
- Gray and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- He has yet to start a game this season when his team was the moneyline underdog.
- Gray’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Gray with a total this season hit the under.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has put up a team-high batting average of .367, and paces the Red Sox in home runs (two) and runs batted in (seven).
- Devers ranks 11th in homers and ninth in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Devers takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last seven games he is batting .367 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo’s two home runs pace his team.
- Verdugo ranks 11th in homers and 27th in RBI this year.
- J.D. Martinez has three doubles, a home run and three walks while batting .269.
- Martinez has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last seven games he is batting .269 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Kike Hernandez is batting .167 with four doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Hernandez has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Max Kepler leads Minnesota with a .222 batting average.
- Kepler’s home run total ranks 43rd in the majors, and he is 79th in RBI.
- Luis Arraez has four hits and an OBP of .294 to go with a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
- Arraez ranks 43rd overall in home runs and 79th in RBI this year.
- Byron Buxton is slugging .667 this season, with a team-high three home runs. He’s also collected four RBI.
- Gio Urshela has two hits and an OBP of .333 to go with a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.