The Toronto Blue Jays (4-2) will look to Danny Jansen, currently on a two-game homer streak, versus the Oakland Athletics (3-3) at 7:07 PM ET on Friday, at Rogers Centre.
The Athletics are road favorites (+174) against the Blue Jays (-209). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Toronto Blue Jays looking to Ross Stripling, and Daulton Jefferies (1-0) taking the ball for the Oakland Athletics. The total for this game is set at 9.5.
Blue Jays vs. Athletics Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Athletics Hitting Splits 2021
- The Blue Jays hit 135 home runs at home last season (1.7 per game).
- The Blue Jays averaged 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .486 at home.
- The club batted .273 with 747 hits (9.2 per game) at home last season.
- The Blue Jays’ offense averaged 5.5 runs in home games.
- The Blue Jays averaged 3.0 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .336 at home.
- They averaged 7.3 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 112 homers, an average of 1.4 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .425 in away games last season with 269 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.6 base hits per game and had a .247 batting average on the road last season.
- They scored 5.0 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .319 and drew 3.2 walks per game.
- They struck out 8.3 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Blue Jays vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ross Stripling
- Last season Stripling and his team went 11-8-0 against the spread when he pitched.
- Stripling and his team went 5-4 in the nine games he pitched when they were the moneyline favorite a season ago.
- His team went 10-9 when he pitched in last season.
Projected starter: Daulton Jefferies
- Jefferies helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Jefferies’ team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Jefferies with a total this season hit the under.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit 48 home runs while racking up a batting average of .311 last season.
- Bo Bichette had 30 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 40 walks while batting .298.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. hit .276 last season with 28 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 32 walks.
- Raimel Tapia hit .273 with 26 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 40 walks.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Last season, Jed Lowrie drove in 69 runs while batting .245.
- Tony Kemp collected 92 hits, posted an OBP of .382 and a .418 SLG.
- Elvis Andrus finished with a .243 average, three home runs and 37 RBI last season.
- Sean Murphy collected 85 hits, posted an OBP of .306 and a .405 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.