The New York Mets (4-2) and Arizona Diamondbacks (2-4) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Citi Field, at 1:10 PM ET. The Mets are coming off a series victory over the Phillies, and the Diamondbacks a series split with the Astros.
The favored Mets (-180 moneyline odds to win) host the Diamondbacks (+155). The Mets will start Chris Bassitt (1-0) against the Diamondbacks and Zach Davies. The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Hitting Splits 2021
- The Mets hit 77 home runs at home last season (one per game).
- The Mets had a .387 slugging percentage and averaged 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averaged 7.4 hits per game and batted .243 at home last season.
- The Mets averaged 3.7 runs per game at home.
- The Mets had a .323 on-base percentage and averaged three walks per game at home.
- They averaged 8.1 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 75 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .362 in away games last season with 225 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .222 AVG with 7.6 base hits per contest.
- They scored 3.8 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .296 clip with 3.3 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 9.5 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt has started only one game with a set spread, which the Mets covered.
- The Mets were named the moneyline favorite for one Bassitt start this season — they won.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Bassitt’s only start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Zach Davies
- Davies and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Davies’ team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Davies with a total this season hit the under.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has accumulated a team-high two home runs and 10 runs batted in.
- In MLB play, Alonso ranks eighth in home runs and second in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .261 with two doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Lindor ranks 36th in homers and 35th in RBI this season.
- Brandon Nimmo has launched a team-high two home runs.
- Eduardo Escobar is batting .250 with two doubles, a triple and six walks.
Mets Batting Leaders
- David Peralta drove in 63 runs while batting .259 last season.
- Ketel Marte finished with a .532 SLG and 14 homers while driving in 50 runs.
- Pavin Smith hit .267 last season with 11 home runs and 49 RBI.
- Christian Walker hit .244 with an OBP of .315 and a slugging percentage of .382.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.