The Houston Astros (4-2) visit the Seattle Mariners (3-3) to kick off a three-game series at T-Mobile Park, with first pitch at 9:42 PM ET on Friday. The Astros are coming off a series split with the Diamondbacks, and the Mariners a series loss to the White Sox.
The Mariners are an underdog at home (+108) against the Astros (-127). The Astros will give the ball to Jake Odorizzi versus the Mariners and Marco Gonzales (0-1). The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Astros vs. Mariners Predictions
Astros vs. Mariners Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Mariners Hitting Splits 2021
- The Astros hit 116 home runs away from home last season (1.4 per game).
- The Astros slugged .444 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club batted .268 with 769 hits (9.5 per game) on the road last season.
- The Astros’ offense averaged 5.4 runs in road games.
- The Astros averaged 3.4 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .444 in road contests.
- The club averaged 7.8 strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- They hit 94 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .367 in home games last season with 201 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 6.8 base hits per game and hit .214 as a team at home last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4.1 runs per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .296 with 3.4 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 9.3 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Astros vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi has started just one game with a set spread, which the Astros covered.
- The Astros have always been the moneyline underdog when Odorizzi starts this season.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Odorizzi’s only start with a total this season went over.
Projected starter: Marco Gonzales
- Gonzales and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Gonzales’ team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Gonzales with a total this season hit the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman paces the Astros with two home runs and seven runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .333.
- In MLB action, Bregman ranks 10th in home runs and seventh in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has put his power on display as he paces his team with two home runs.
- Tucker currently ranks 10th in homers and 36th in RBI in the bigs.
- Jose Siri is batting .455 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Siri has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .455 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .143 with a double, a home run and three walks.
Astros Batting Leaders
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle with a .450 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Crawford’s home run total is 138th, and his RBI total is 171st.
- Crawford enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .500 with three doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Mitch Haniger leads Seattle in home runs with three and runs batted in with seven.
- Haniger ranks second in home runs and seventh in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Ty France is slashing .273/.429/.455 this season for the Mariners.
- France has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Jesse Winker has collected three hits this season and has an OBP of .385. He’s slugging .158 on the year.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.