Luis Robert brings a two-game homer streak into the Chicago White Sox’s (4-2) game versus the Tampa Bay Rays (4-2) at 7:10 PM ET on Friday, at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The favored White Sox (-144 moneyline odds) host the Rays (+123). The starting pitchers are Dylan Cease (1-0) for the Chicago White Sox, and Drew Rasmussen for the Tampa Bay Rays. The game’s total is set at 8.5.
White Sox vs. Rays Predictions
White Sox vs. Rays Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
White Sox vs. Rays Hitting Splits 2021
- The White Sox hit 110 homers at home last season (1.4 per game).
- The White Sox averaged 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .442 in home contests.
- The team averaged 8.3 hits per game and batted .260 at home last season.
- The White Sox averaged 5.1 runs per home game.
- The White Sox averaged 3.8 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .347 in home contests.
- They averaged 8.0 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 127 homers, an average of 1.6 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .440 in away games last season with 295 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .244 AVG with 8.7 base hits per contest.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 5.6 runs per contest.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .314 and drew 3.4 walks per game.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 9.7 strikeouts per contest.
White Sox vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dylan Cease
- Cease has started just one game with a set spread, which the White Sox covered.
- The White Sox were named the moneyline favorite for one Cease start this season — they won.
- His team won the only matchup he’s appeared in this season.
- Cease’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Drew Rasmussen
- Rasmussen helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- This will be his first start this season with his team as the moneyline underdog.
- Rasmussen’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Rasmussen with a total this season hit the under.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Robert has launched a team-best two home runs.
- Robert’s home runs rank 10th in MLB and he ranks 66th in RBI in MLB.
- Robert heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two home runs, a walk and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s two home runs and .353 batting average are both team-highs.
- Vaughn ranks 10th in home runs and 13th in RBI this season.
- Vaughn takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .353 with two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Tim Anderson has three doubles and a home run while batting .471.
- Eloy Jimenez has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with seven runs batted in.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Brandon Lowe leads Tampa Bay in home runs with three and runs batted in with six.
- Lowe is second in home runs and 13th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Lowe has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi is batting .583 with an OBP of .706 and a slugging percentage of 1.250 this season.
- Choi ranks 10th in home runs and 19th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Choi enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .583 with two doubles, two home runs, five walks and five RBI.
- Wander Franco leads Tampa Bay with a .320 batting average.
- Francisco Mejia is batting .500 with an OBP of .444 and a slugging percentage of .875 this season.
- Mejia enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a home run and five RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.