A close NHL matchup is expected on Thursday when the San Jose Sharks (29-33-10) visit the Chicago Blackhawks (24-38-11) at United Center. The Blackhawks are underdogs (-103 on the moneyline) against the Sharks (-118) ahead of the game, which begins at 8:30 PM ET.
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Predictions
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Betting Odds
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Betting Trends
- The Sharks have gone 12-6 this season when listed as a moneyline favorite.
- San Jose is 10-5 (victorious in 66.7% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -118 or shorter.
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Sharks’ implied win probability is 54.1%.
- The Sharks’ 184 total goals (2.6 per game) rank 31st in the NHL.
- The Sharks rank 19th in goals against, giving up 227 total goals (3.2 per game) in league play.
- The Blackhawks have been the underdog 55 times this season, and upset their opponent in 16, or 29.1%, of those games.
- Chicago is 13-38 when it is underdogs of -103 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Blackhawks have 190 goals this season (2.6 per game), 28th in the league.
- The Blackhawks concede 3.5 goals per game (258 in total), 25th in the NHL.
Sharks vs. Blackhawks Over/Under Trends
- This season, 32 of San Jose’s 72 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 5.5 goals.
- In Chicago’s 73 games this season, 43 have finished with more goals than Thursday’s over/under of 5.5.
- The Sharks score 2.56 goals per game, compared to the Blackhawks’ average of 2.60, adding up to 0.3 fewer goals than this contest’s over/under of 5.5.
- The 6.7 goals per game these two teams are conceding on average are 1.2 more than the total for this contest.
Sharks Team Leaders
Blackhawks Team Leaders
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.