The San Diego Padres (4-3) host the Atlanta Braves (3-4) to open a four-game series at PETCO Park, with first pitch at 8:10 PM ET on Thursday. The Padres are on the back of a series defeat to the Giants, and the Braves a series loss to the Nationals.
The Padres are a tight favorite (-111 moneyline odds) when they take the field against the Braves (-109). The scheduled starters are Joe Musgrove for the San Diego Padres, and Charlie Morton (1-0) for the Atlanta Braves. The contest has an over/under of 8.
Padres vs. Braves Predictions
Padres vs. Braves Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Padres vs. Braves Hitting Splits 2021
- The Padres hit 86 home runs at home last season (1.1 per game).
- The Padres had a .399 slugging percentage and averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team batted .241 with 634 hits (7.8 per game) at home last season.
- The Padres’ offense averaged 4.4 runs in home games.
- The Padres averaged 4.1 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .330 at home.
- At home last season the team averaged 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 123 homers, an average of 1.5 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .429 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .239 AVG with 8.1 base hits per contest.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 4.8 runs per contest.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .314 and drew 3.4 walks per game.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 8.9 strikeouts per contest.
Padres vs. Braves Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- Musgrove has started only one game with a set spread, which the Padres covered.
- The Padres were favored on the moneyline for one Musgrove start this season — they won.
- His team won the only matchup he’s appeared in this season.
- Musgrove’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Charlie Morton
- Morton and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- He has yet to start a game this season when his team was the moneyline underdog.
- Morton’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Morton with a total this season hit the over.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado had 106 runs batted in a season ago.
- Jake Cronenworth hit .266 with 33 doubles, seven triples, 21 home runs and 55 walks.
- Eric Hosmer hit .269 a season ago with 28 doubles, 12 home runs and 48 walks.
- Trent Grisham hit .242 with 28 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 54 walks.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson finished with a .271 batting average last season and 39 home runs.
- Ozzie Albies hit .259 with an OBP of .310 and a slugging percentage of .488.
- Austin Riley finished last season with a .303 batting average while adding 33 home runs and 107 RBI.
- Dansby Swanson collected 146 hits, posted an OBP of .311 and a .449 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.