The Pittsburgh Pirates (2-3) and Washington Nationals (3-3) clash on Thursday at 6:35 PM ET, opening a four-game series at PNC Park.
The favored Pirates (-123 on the moneyline) host the Nationals (+103). The Pirates will give the ball to JT Brubaker against the Nationals and Joan Adon. The contest has an over/under of 9.5.
Pirates vs. Nationals Predictions
Pirates vs. Nationals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Pirates vs. Nationals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Pirates averaged 0.7 homers per home game last season (58 total at home).
- The Pirates had a .377 slugging percentage and averaged 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averaged 7.9 hits per game and batted .245 at home last season.
- The Pirates’ offense averaged 4.1 runs in home games.
- The Pirates averaged 3.5 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .322 at home.
- At home last season the team averaged 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .404 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 8.7 base hits per game and had a .251 batting average on the road last season.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .334 clip with 3.7 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 8.7 strikeouts per contest.
Pirates vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: JT Brubaker
- Brubaker has started just one game with a set spread, which the Pirates failed to cover.
- The Pirates have not been favored on the moneyline when Brubaker starts this season.
- His team lost the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Brubaker’s lone start with a total this season went over.
Projected starter: Joan Adon
- Adon and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Adon’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Adon with a total this season hit the under.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds hit 24 home runs and had 90 runs batted in last season, while racking up a batting average of .302.
- Kevin Newman hit .226 with 22 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 27 walks.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes hit .257 a season ago with 20 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 31 walks.
- Ben Gamel hit .247 with 18 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 51 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto finished last season with a .313 average and 95 RBI.
- Josh Bell hit .261 with an OBP of .347 and a slugging percentage of .476.
- Nelson Cruz finished with a .265 batting average last season and 32 home runs.
- Cesar Hernandez collected 132 hits, posted an OBP of .308 and a .386 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.