The Miami Marlins (1-4) and Philadelphia Phillies (3-3) both enter Thursday’s matchup on losing streaks. The Marlins have dropped three straight games, the Phillies two in a row.
The Marlins (-114 moneyline odds to win) meet the Phillies (-106) in an expected close matchup. The Marlins will start Sandy Alcantara versus the Phillies and Kyle Gibson. The contest has a set total of 7.5.
Marlins vs. Phillies Predictions
Marlins vs. Phillies Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Marlins vs. Phillies Hitting Splits 2021
- The Marlins averaged 0.9 homers per home game last season (71 total at home).
- The Marlins averaged 2.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .369 in home contests.
- The team averaged 7.8 hits per game and batted .238 at home last season.
- The Marlins’ offense averaged 4.0 runs in home games.
- The Marlins averaged 2.7 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .303 in home contests.
- In home games last season the team averaged 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 103 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .404 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .236 AVG with 8.0 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .312 and drew 3.4 walks per game.
- They struck out 8.9 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Marlins vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara has started only one game with a set spread, which the Marlins covered.
- The Marlins have always been the moneyline underdog when Alcantara starts this season.
- His team lost the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Alcantara’s lone start with a total this season went over.
Projected starter: Kyle Gibson
- Gibson helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- This will be his first start this season with his team as the moneyline underdog.
- Gibson’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Gibson with a total this season hit the under.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Avisail Garcia racked up 29 home runs while slugging .490 last season.
- Jesus Aguilar was productive with 93 RBI while picking up 117 hits.
- Jorge Soler hit .223 last season with 27 doubles, 27 home runs and 67 walks.
- Miguel Rojas had a .265 batting average with 131 hits.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Jean Segura leads Philadelphia in batting average (.353) and home runs (two) this season, while also chipping in with two RBI.
- Segura’s home run total ranks sixth in MLB, and he is 99th in RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is a key run producer for Philadelphia with a .261 average and four RBI.
- Castellanos is 33rd among batters in MLB in home runs, and 31st in RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins leads Philadelphia in runs batted in (four) this season. He has a .278 batting average and a .556 slugging percentage.
- Alec Bohm has collected three hits this season and has an OBP of .667. He’s slugging 1.000 on the year.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.