The Los Angeles Angels (3-3) and Texas Rangers (1-4) square off in the first of a four-game series on Thursday at Globe Life Field, at 8:05 PM ET. The Angels are coming off a series victory over the Marlins, and the Rangers a series loss to the Rockies.
The Angels are favored (-130 moneyline odds) when they square off against the Rangers (+110). The Los Angeles Angels will hand the ball to Shohei Ohtani, but the Rangers’ starting pitcher has not been announced yet. The game’s over/under is 9.
Angels vs. Rangers Predictions
Angels vs. Rangers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Angels vs. Rangers Hitting Splits 2021
- The Angels hit 85 homers away from home last season (one per game).
- The Angels averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .388 away from home.
- The club averaged 8.1 hits per game and batted .237 on the road last season.
- The Angels’ offense averaged 4.2 runs in road games.
- The Angels had a .301 on-base percentage and averaged 2.8 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the team averaged 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 91 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .387 SLG with 207 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games last season, they had a .237 AVG with 7.7 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4 runs per game last season at home.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .301 with 2.6 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 645 times in 81 games last season, an average of eight per contest.
Angels vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shohei Ohtani
- Last season Ohtani and his team had a 4-6-0 record against the spread in games he pitched.
- Ohtani and his team finished with a 6-1 record in games he appeared in when they were the moneyline favorite a season ago.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Ohtani had 46 home runs and 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jared Walsh hit .277 a season ago with 147 hits.
- Matt Duffy hit .287 last season with 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks.
- Anthony Rendon had 13 doubles, six home runs and 29 walks while hitting .240.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien hit 45 home runs last season, drove in 102 runs and posted a .265 batting average.
- Nate Lowe hit .264 with an OBP of .357 and a slugging percentage of .415.
- Adolis Garcia finished last season with 31 home runs, 90 RBI and a batting average of .243.
- Corey Seager hit .306 with an OBP of .394 and a slugging percentage of .521.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.