The Detroit Tigers (2-4) visit the Kansas City Royals (2-3) in AL Central play, at 8:10 PM ET on Thursday.
The Tigers are an underdog (+105 moneyline odds to win) when they take the field at the Royals (-125). The Royals will give the ball to Brad Keller against the Tigers and Casey Mize. The total for this game is set at 8.5.
Royals vs. Tigers Predictions
Royals vs. Tigers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Royals vs. Tigers Hitting Splits 2021
- The Royals hit 76 homers at home last season (0.9 per game).
- The Royals averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 at home.
- The team batted .261 with 705 hits (8.7 per game) at home last season.
- The Royals averaged 4.7 runs per game at home.
- The Royals averaged 2.8 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .322 at home.
- They averaged 7.4 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 98 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .402 in away games last season with 236 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .242 AVG with 8.2 base hits per contest.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 4.5 runs per contest.
- They got on base at a .304 clip with 3.0 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 9.8 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Royals vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Brad Keller
- Keller has started just one game with a set spread, which the Royals failed to cover.
- The Royals were the moneyline favorite for one Keller start this season — they won.
- His team won the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Keller’s only start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Casey Mize
- Mize and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Mize’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Mize with a total this season hit the under.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 a season ago with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Salvador Perez had 48 home runs and 121 RBI a season ago.
- Carlos Santana hit .214 a season ago with 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 86 walks.
- Nicky Lopez hit .300 a season ago with 149 hits.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows leads Detroit with a batting average of .471.
- Meadows is 130th in homers and 162nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Javier Baez is batting .316 this season with a team-high one home run and four RBI.
- Among all MLB batters, Baez ranks 33rd in homers and 31st in RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop is slugging .435 this season, with a team-high one home runs. He’s also collected three RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .143 with an OBP of .280 and a slugging percentage of .238 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.