The Colorado Rockies (4-1) take a four-game winning streak into a home contest versus the Chicago Cubs (3-2) at 8:40 PM ET on Thursday.
The Cubs are an underdog (+115 moneyline odds) when they square off against the Rockies (-136). The Rockies will start Kyle Freeland against the Cubs and Justin Steele. The over/under for this game is 11.5.
Rockies vs. Cubs Predictions
Rockies vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rockies vs. Cubs Hitting Splits 2021
- The Rockies hit 104 home runs at home last season (1.3 per game).
- The Rockies averaged 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .475 in home contests.
- The team batted .280 with 764 hits (9.4 per game) at home last season.
- The Rockies’ offense averaged 5.6 runs in home games.
- The Rockies had a .341 on-base percentage and averaged 2.9 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.5 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 99 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .395 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 7.9 base hits per game and had a .233 batting average on the road last season.
- They scored 4.1 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .305 and drew 2.9 walks per game.
- They struck out 9.9 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Rockies vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Freeland
- Freeland has started only one game with a set spread, which the Rockies failed to cover.
- The Rockies have not been favored on the moneyline when Freeland starts this season.
- His team lost the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Freeland’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Justin Steele
- Steele helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Steele’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Steele with a total this season hit the over.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron accumulated a batting average of .281, with 28 home runs and 92 runs batted in last season.
- Kris Bryant had 32 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 62 walks while hitting .265.
- Charlie Blackmon hit .270 a season ago with 25 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 54 walks.
- Ryan McMahon hit .254 with 32 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 59 walks.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ drove in 66 runs while batting .226 last season.
- Jonathan Villar posted a .249 average with 42 RBI.
- Willson Contreras finished with a .237 average, 21 home runs and 57 RBI last season.
- Frank Schwindel collected 79 hits, posted an OBP of .371 and a .591 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.