The Tampa Bay Rays (4-0) host the Oakland Athletics (1-3) at 6:40 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Rays are favored (-182 on the moneyline to win) when they host the Athletics (+156). The Rays will give the ball to Shane McClanahan against the Athletics and Frankie Montas. The matchup has an over/under set at 7.5 total runs.
Rays vs. Athletics Predictions
Rays vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. Athletics Hitting Splits 2021
- The Rays averaged 1.2 homers per home game last season (95 total at home).
- The Rays had a .416 slugging percentage and averaged 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team batted .241 with 634 hits (7.8 per game) at home last season.
- The Rays’ offense averaged 5.0 runs in home games.
- The Rays averaged 3.8 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .329 at home.
- They averaged 9.3 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 112 homers, an average of 1.4 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .425 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .247 AVG with 8.6 base hits per contest.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 5.0 runs per contest.
- They got on base at a .319 clip with 3.2 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 8.3 strikeouts per contest.
Rays vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane McClanahan
- McClanahan has started just one game with a set spread, which the Rays failed to cover.
- The Rays were the moneyline favorite for one McClanahan start this season — they won.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- McClanahan’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Frankie Montas
- Montás and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Montás’ team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Montás with a total this season hit the over.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Brandon Lowe had 39 home runs and 99 runs batted in last season.
- Randy Arozarena had a .274 batting average with 145 hits.
- Yandy Diaz hit .256 a season ago with 20 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 69 walks.
- Manuel Margot had 18 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 37 walks while batting .254.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Last season, Jed Lowrie drove in 69 runs while batting .245.
- Tony Kemp collected 92 hits, posted an OBP of .382 and a .418 SLG.
- Elvis Andrus finished last season with three home runs, 37 RBI and a batting average of .243.
- Sean Murphy hit .216 with an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .405.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.