The St. Louis Cardinals (3-1) hope to sweep the Kansas City Royals (2-3) on Wednesday at Busch Stadium, starting at 1:15 PM ET.
The Royals (+129 underdog moneyline odds) are away versus the Cardinals (-152). The Cardinals will give the ball to Adam Wainwright against the Royals and Zack Greinke. The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Cardinals vs. Royals Predictions
Cardinals vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Royals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Cardinals averaged 1.0 home run per home game last season (77 total at home).
- The Cardinals had a .385 slugging percentage and averaged 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club batted .241 with 627 hits (7.7 per game) at home last season.
- The Cardinals’ offense averaged 3.8 runs in home games.
- The Cardinals had a .310 on-base percentage and averaged 2.8 walks per game at home.
- At home last season the club averaged 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .382 in away games last season with 213 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .236 AVG with 8.0 base hits per contest.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 3.8 runs per contest.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .291 and drew 2.4 walks per game.
- They struck out 8.1 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Cardinals vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Adam Wainwright
- Wainwright has started just one game with a set spread, which the Cardinals covered.
- The Cardinals were favored on the moneyline for one Wainwright start this season — they won.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Wainwright’s lone start with a total this season went over.
Projected starter: Zack Greinke
- Greinke helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Greinke’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Greinke with a total this season hit the under.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt put up 177 hits with a batting average of .294 last season.
- Nolan Arenado hit 34 home runs with 105 RBI last year.
- Tommy Edman hit .262 a season ago with 41 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 38 walks.
- Tyler O’Neill hit 34 home runs on the season while slugging .560.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Whit Merrifield finished last season with 10 home runs, 74 RBI and a batting average of .277.
- Salvador Perez slugged 48 homers and finished with 121 RBI.
- Carlos Santana finished last season with 19 home runs, 69 RBI and a batting average of .214.
- Nicky Lopez posted a .300 average with two homers and 43 RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.