The Philadelphia Phillies (3-2) and New York Mets (3-2) square off on Wednesday at 1:05 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Phillies are a tight favorite (-118 on the moneyline) when they take the field against the Mets (-101). The Phillies will give the ball to Aaron Nola against the Mets and Max Scherzer. The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Phillies vs. Mets Predictions
Phillies vs. Mets Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Phillies vs. Mets Hitting Splits 2021
- The Phillies hit 95 home runs at home last season (1.2 per game).
- The Phillies averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .413 at home.
- The club averaged 7.9 hits per game and batted .244 at home last season.
- The Phillies’ offense averaged 4.5 runs in home games.
- The Phillies averaged 3.5 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .324 in home contests.
- They averaged 8.4 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 99 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .394 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 7.9 base hits per game and had a .234 batting average on the road last season.
- They scored 4.1 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .307 clip with 3.1 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 9.1 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Phillies vs. Mets Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Aaron Nola
- Nola has started only one game with a set spread, which the Phillies covered.
- The Phillies were favored on the moneyline for one Nola start this season — they won.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Nola’s only start with a total this season went over.
Projected starter: Max Scherzer
- In games Scherzer pitched with a spread last season, his team was 10-14-0 ATS.
- Scherzer and his team won as underdogs in two of his six appearances last season with a moneyline.
- When the 37-year-old started last season his team went 23-10.
- When he pitched last season, the teams combined to hit the over 12 times in 33 chances
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Bryce Harper accumulated a batting average of .309, while hitting 35 home runs last season.
- Nicholas Castellanos drove in 100 RBI while batting .309 batting average.
- Jean Segura hit .290 last season with 27 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 39 walks.
- Kyle Schwarber had 19 doubles, 32 home runs and 64 walks while hitting .266.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso finished with a .262 average last season, with 37 home runs and 94 RBI.
- Eduardo Escobar hit .253 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .472.
- Starling Marte hit .310 last season with 12 home runs and 55 RBI.
- Mark Canha hit .231 with an OBP of .358 and a slugging percentage of .387.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.