The Chicago Cubs (3-1) aim to finish off a sweep of a two-game series versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (1-3), at 12:35 PM ET on Wednesday.
As the favorite, the Cubs (-128 moneyline odds to win) take the field at the Pirates (+109). The Cubs will start Kyle Hendricks against the Pirates and Zach Thompson. The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
Cubs vs. Pirates Predictions
Cubs vs. Pirates Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cubs vs. Pirates Hitting Splits 2021
- The Cubs hit 99 homers on the road last season (1.2 per game).
- The Cubs averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .395 on the road.
- The club averaged 7.9 hits per game and batted .233 away from home last season.
- The Cubs’ offense averaged 4.1 runs in road games.
- The Cubs averaged 2.9 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .395 on the road.
- The club averaged 9.9 strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 58 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .377 SLG with 209 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 7.9 base hits per game and hit .245 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 4.1 runs per game last season at home.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .322 and drew 3.5 walks per game.
- They struck out 635 times in 81 games last season, an average of 7.8 per contest.
Cubs vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Hendricks
- Hendricks has started only one game with a set spread, which the Cubs covered.
- The Cubs have not been a moneyline favorite when Hendricks starts this season.
- His team won the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Hendricks’ lone start with a total this season pushed.
Projected starter: Zach Thompson
- In 11 games he pitched with a spread last season, Thompson and his team finished with a 3-8-0 record ATS.
- Thompson and his team won one of the games he started as the moneyline underdog last season, with a record of 1-11.
- The 28-year-old’s team finished with a record of 3-11 in games he pitched.
- When he pitched last season, the teams combined to hit the over six times in 14 chances
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ had 66 runs batted in a season ago.
- Jonathan Villar hit .249 a season ago with 113 hits.
- Willson Contreras hit .237 a season ago with 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks.
- Frank Schwindel had 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 16 walks while batting .326.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Last season, Bryan Reynolds had a .302 batting average with 24 home runs and 90 RBI.
- Kevin Newman hit .226 with an OBP of .265 and a slugging percentage of .309.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes finished last season with six home runs, 38 RBI and a batting average of .257.
- Ben Gamel collected 84 hits, posted an OBP of .347 and a .388 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.