The Atlanta Braves (3-3) and Washington Nationals (2-3) play a rubber match on Wednesday at 12:20 PM ET, with the series deadlocked at 1-1.
The Nationals are an underdog (+174 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Braves (-207). The Braves will give the ball to Max Fried against the Nationals and Josiah Gray. The total in the game is set at 9 total runs.
Braves vs. Nationals Predictions
Braves vs. Nationals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Braves vs. Nationals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Braves hit 116 home runs at home last season (1.5 per game).
- The Braves averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .442 at home.
- The club averaged 8.2 hits per game and batted .248 at home last season.
- The Braves averaged 5.1 runs per home game.
- The Braves averaged 3.4 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .325 in home contests.
- In home games last season the club averaged 9.1 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .404 in away games last season with 241 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .251 AVG with 8.7 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .334 and drew 3.7 walks per game.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 8.7 strikeouts per contest.
Braves vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Fried
- Fried has started only one game with a set spread, which the Braves failed to cover.
- The Braves were favored on the moneyline for one Fried start this season — they lost.
- His team lost the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Fried’s only start with a total this season went over.
Projected starter: Josiah Gray
- Gray and his team were 1-3-0 ATS in games he pitched last year.
- Gray and his team won four of the games he started as the moneyline underdog last season, with a record of 4-6.
- His team finished with a record of 5-8 in games he pitched last season.
- Games he pitched hit the over seven times in 12 opportunities
Braves Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson racked up 39 home runs while slugging .540 last season.
- Ozzie Albies hit .259 with 40 doubles, seven triples, 30 home runs and 47 walks.
- Austin Riley had a batting average of .303 with 179 total hits last season.
- Dansby Swanson hit .248 with 33 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 52 walks.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto finished last season with a .313 average and 95 RBI.
- Josh Bell collected 130 hits, posted an OBP of .347 and a .476 SLG.
- Nelson Cruz finished with a .265 batting average last season and 32 home runs.
- Cesar Hernandez collected 132 hits, posted an OBP of .308 and a .386 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.