Tuesday’s NHL lineup features a matchup between the heavily favored Washington Capitals (40-22-10) and the Philadelphia Flyers (23-38-11) at Capital One Arena in Washington, District of Columbia. The Capitals are -270 on the moneyline to win at home against the Flyers (+216) in the game, which begins at 7:00 PM ET.
Capitals vs. Flyers Predictions
Capitals vs. Flyers Betting Odds
Capitals vs. Flyers Betting Trends
- In the 47 times this season the Capitals have been favored on the moneyline, they have finished 26-21 in those games.
- Washington has had moneyline odds set at -270 or shorter in only one game this season, and won.
- The Capitals have a 73.0% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this game.
- The Capitals’ 235 total goals (3.3 per game) make them the 11th-ranked scoring team in the league.
- Defensively, the Capitals are conceding 208 total goals (2.9 per game) to rank 11th in NHL play.
- This season the Flyers have 17 wins in the 58 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Philadelphia has eight games this season playing as the underdog by +216 or longer, and is 1-7 in those contests.
- The Flyers have 187 goals this season (2.6 per game), 29th in the NHL.
- The Flyers give up 3.5 goals per game (252 in total), 25th in the league.
Capitals vs. Flyers Over/Under Trends
- Washington and its opponent have hit the over on this game’s total (6 goals) 46 times this season.
- A total of 40 of Philadelphia’s games have finished with over 6 goals this season.
- The Capitals score 3.26 goals per game, compared to the Flyers’ average of 2.6, adding up to 0.1 fewer goals than this contest’s over/under of 6.
- This game’s over/under is 0.4 less than the 6.4 goals these two teams give up per game combined.
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 45 goals and 39 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 23 goals and 47 assists
- John Carlson: 14 goals and 49 assists
- Vitek Vanecek: 18-11-5 record, .912 save percentage, 88 goals given up
Flyers Team Leaders
- Cam Atkinson: 23 goals and 27 assists
- Travis Konecny: 13 goals and 32 assists
- Joel Farabee: 16 goals and 17 assists
- Carter Hart: 13-23-7 record, .906 save percentage, 134 goals conceded
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.