Tuesday’s NHL matchup between the Pittsburgh Penguins (42-22-10) and the New York Islanders (33-29-9) at UBS Arena sees the Penguins as road favorites (-127 moneyline odds to win) against the Islanders (+106). The game begins at 7:30 PM ET.
Penguins vs. Islanders Predictions
Penguins vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Penguins vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- The Penguins are 32-21 this season when listed as a moneyline favorite.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -127 or shorter, Pittsburgh has compiled a 30-16 record (winning 65.2% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probability for this game says the Penguins have a 55.9% chance to win.
- The Penguins’ 240 total goals (3.2 per game) rank ninth in the league.
- The Penguins have given up 199 total goals (2.7 per game), the seventh-fewest in league action.
- The Islanders have been listed as the underdog 30 times this season, and upset their opponent six times.
- New York has a record of 5-18 in games when sportsbooks list them +106 or longer on the moneyline.
- With 195 goals (2.8 per game), the Islanders have the NHL’s 25th-ranked offense.
- The Islanders have one of the best defenses in the league, allowing 190 total goals (2.7 per game), fourth in the league.
Penguins vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- This season, Pittsburgh and its opponent have combined to outscore Tuesday’s over/under of 5.5 goals 41 times.
- There have been 34 New York games with over 5.5 goals this season.
- The Penguins score 3.24 goals per game, compared to the Islanders’ average of 2.75, adding up to 0.5 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 5.5.
- This game’s over/under is 0.1 more than the 5.4 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: 28 goals and 47 assists
- Jake Guentzel: 33 goals and 38 assists
- Kris Letang: seven goals and 55 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 33-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 135 goals allowed
Islanders Team Leaders
- Brock Nelson: 33 goals and 19 assists
- Mathew Barzal: 14 goals and 34 assists
- Anders Lee: 25 goals and 16 assists
- Ilya Sorokin: 22-14-7 record, .927 save percentage, 98 goals conceded
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.