The Cleveland Guardians (2-2) visit the Cincinnati Reds (2-2) to kick off a two-game series at Great American Ball Park, with first pitch at 4:10 PM ET on Tuesday. The Guardians are coming off a series split with the Royals, and the Reds a series split with the Braves.
The Reds are an underdog (+100 moneyline odds) when they take on the Guardians (-120). The Guardians will give the ball to Shane Bieber versus the Reds and Tyler Mahle. The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Guardians vs. Reds Predictions
Guardians vs. Reds Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Guardians vs. Reds Hitting Splits 2021
- The Guardians hit 101 homers away from home last season (1.2 per game).
- The Guardians averaged 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .403 away from home.
- The team averaged 8.1 hits per game and batted .238 away from home last season.
- The Guardians scored an average of 4.6 runs per road game.
- The Guardians averaged 2.8 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .403 in road contests.
- On the road last season the club averaged 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 129 homers, an average of 1.6 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .470 SLG with 287 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games last season, they had a .263 AVG with 8.7 base hits per contest.
- They scored 5.5 runs per game last season at home.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .346 and drew 3.8 walks per game.
- They struck out 726 times in 81 games last season, an average of 9.0 per contest.
Guardians vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane Bieber
- Bieber has started just one game with a set spread, which the Guardians failed to cover.
- The Guardians were the moneyline favorite for one Bieber start this season — they lost.
- His team lost the only matchup he’s appeared in this season.
- Bieber’s only start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Tyler Mahle
- Mahle helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Mahle’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Mahle with a total this season hit the over.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez put up 36 home runs and had 103 runs batted in last season.
- Myles Straw had 29 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 67 walks while hitting .271.
- Amed Rosario had a batting average of .282 with 155 total hits last season.
- Franmil Reyes had 18 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 43 walks while hitting .254.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Joey Votto slugged 36 home runs and collected 99 RBI last season while batting .266.
- Jonathan India posted a .269 average with 69 RBI.
- Tommy Pham finished last season with 15 home runs, 49 RBI and a batting average of .229.
- Tyler Naquin collected 111 hits, posted an OBP of .333 and a .477 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.