The Chicago White Sox (2-1) host the Seattle Mariners (2-1) to open a three-game series at Guaranteed Rate Field, with first pitch at 4:10 PM ET on Tuesday. The White Sox are on the back of a series victory over the Tigers, and the Mariners a series win over the Twins.
The Mariners (+111 underdog on the moneyline to win) visit the White Sox (-131). The White Sox will give the ball to Vince Velasquez versus the Mariners and Matt Brash. The game’s over/under is set at 9.
White Sox vs. Mariners Predictions
White Sox vs. Mariners Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
White Sox vs. Mariners Hitting Splits 2021
- The White Sox hit 110 homers at home last season (1.4 per game).
- The White Sox had a .442 slugging percentage and averaged 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averaged 8.3 hits per game and batted .260 at home last season.
- The White Sox averaged 5.1 runs per home game.
- The White Sox had a .347 on-base percentage and averaged 3.8 walks per game at home.
- In home games last season the club averaged 8.0 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 105 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .401 in away games last season with 242 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.1 base hits per game and had a .237 batting average on the road last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 4.5 runs per contest.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .309 and drew 3.2 walks per game.
- They struck out 9.1 times per game in 81 away games last season.
White Sox vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Vince Velasquez
- Last season Velásquez and his team had an 11-7-0 record against the spread in games he pitched.
- Velásquez and his team had a 3-4 record in games he pitched when they were moneyline favorites a season ago.
- His team went 8-13 in games he pitched in last season.
Projected starter: Matt Brash
- The righty did not pitch as the moneyline underdog in any games last season.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu racked up 30 home runs and had 117 runs batted in last season.
- Tim Anderson hit .309 a season ago with 163 hits.
- A.J. Pollock hit .297 last season with 27 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 30 walks.
- Josh Harrison had 33 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 31 walks while hitting .279.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Mitch Haniger finished with a .253 average last season, with 39 home runs and 100 RBI.
- Jesse Winker collected 129 hits, posted an OBP of .394 and a .556 SLG.
- Adam Frazier hit .305 last season with five home runs and 43 RBI.
- Ty France collected 166 hits, posted an OBP of .368 and a .445 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.