The St. Louis Cardinals (2-1) and Pittsburgh Pirates (1-2) clash on Monday at 2:15 PM ET.
The favored Cardinals (-200 moneyline odds) host the Pirates (+170). The Cardinals will give the ball to Dakota Hudson against the Pirates and Zach Thompson. The game’s total is set at 8.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Predictions
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Pirates Hitting Splits 2021
- The Cardinals hit 77 homers at home last season (1.0 per game).
- The Cardinals averaged 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .385 in home contests.
- The club averaged 7.7 hits per game and batted .241 at home last season.
- The Cardinals’ offense averaged 3.8 runs in home games.
- The Cardinals averaged 2.8 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .310 at home.
- They averaged 7.8 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 66 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .351 in away games last season with 190 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 7.6 base hits per game and had a .228 batting average on the road last season.
- They scored 3.4 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .297 and drew 3.1 walks per game.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 8.6 strikeouts per contest.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dakota Hudson
- Hudson’s team was the moneyline favorite just one time in a game he pitched a season ago, and won.
- His team won the only game he appeared in last season.
- He pitched in just one game with a total last season, and the teams combined to go under.
Projected starter: Zach Thompson
- In 11 games he pitched with a spread last season, Thompson and his team finished with a 3-8-0 record ATS.
- Thompson and his team finished 1-11 when he pitched and they were the moneyline underdog.
- When the 28-year-old started last season his team went 3-11.
- In 14 games he pitched with a total set by sportsbooks last season, the teams hit the over six times.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt accumulated 177 hits with a batting average of .294 last season.
- Nolan Arenado hit 34 home runs with 105 runs batted in last year.
- Tommy Edman hit .262 a season ago with 41 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 38 walks.
- Tyler O’Neill hit 34 home runs on the season while slugging .560.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds hit 24 home runs last season, drove in 90 runs and posted a .302 batting average.
- Kevin Newman hit .226 with an OBP of .265 and a slugging percentage of .309.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes finished with a .257 average, six home runs and 38 RBI last season.
- Ben Gamel hit .247 with an OBP of .347 and a slugging percentage of .388.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.