The San Diego Padres (2-1) and Arizona Diamondbacks (1-2) meet on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET.
The Diamondbacks (+143 underdog moneyline odds to win) hit the field versus the Padres (-167). The Padres will start Blake Snell versus the Diamondbacks and Caleb Smith. The total for the game is set at 9.5 total runs.
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Hitting Splits 2021
- The Padres hit 94 home runs away from home last season (1.2 per game).
- The Padres slugged .403 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club batted .244 with 671 hits (8.3 per game) on the road last season.
- The Padres’ offense averaged 4.6 runs in road games.
- The Padres had a .312 on-base percentage and averaged 3.2 walks per game on the road.
- The club averaged 8.1 strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- They hit 69 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .403 in home games last season with 258 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.4 base hits per game and hit .251 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season at home.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .322 with 3.3 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 699 times in 81 games last season, an average of 8.6 per contest.
Padres vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Blake Snell
- Last season Snell and his team went 11-10-0 against the spread when he pitched.
- Snell’s team went 9-8 in games he appeared in when they were moneyline favorites a season ago.
- He made 27 appearances last year and his team went 12-15 in those games.
Projected starter: Caleb Smith
- In 13 games he pitched with a spread last season, Smith and his team finished with a 6-7-0 record ATS.
- Smith and his team went 2-10 when he pitched and they were the moneyline underdog.
- When he pitched in a game last season, his team posted a record of 3-10.
- In 13 games he pitched with a total set by sportsbooks last season, the teams hit the over five times.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado drove in 106 RBI last season while batting .278.
- Jake Cronenworth hit .266 with 33 doubles, seven triples, 21 home runs and 55 walks.
- Eric Hosmer hit .269 a season ago with 28 doubles, 12 home runs and 48 walks.
- Trent Grisham had 28 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .242.
Padres Batting Leaders
- David Peralta finished with a .259 average and 63 RBI last season.
- Ketel Marte finished with a .532 SLG and 14 homers while driving in 50 runs.
- Pavin Smith finished last season with a .267 batting average while adding 11 home runs and 49 RBI.
- Christian Walker hit .244 with an OBP of .315 and a slugging percentage of .382.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.