The New Orleans Pelicans are 5-point favorites heading into a Play-in game in the NBA Playoffs against the San Antonio Spurs at Smoothie King Center on Wednesday, starting at 9:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 229.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Predictions
Pelicans vs. Spurs Betting Odds
Pelicans vs. Spurs Last 10 Games
- New Orleans has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 New Orleans games has exceeded the set total four times.
- The past 10 Pelicans games averaged 2.6 fewer points (226.4) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Pelicans have a points-per-game average 5.4 points above their season-long scoring average.
- San Antonio covered the spread nine times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- San Antonio and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Spurs games averaged 230.5 total points, 1.5 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Spurs are scoring 116.8 points per game compared to their 113.2 season average.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Betting Trends
- New Orleans has gone 42-40-0 against the spread this season.
- The Pelicans are 7-4 ATS when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- New Orleans’ games have gone over the total 34 times this season.
- The Pelicans make 45.7% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.9 percentage points lower than the Spurs have allowed to their opponents (46.6%).
- In games New Orleans shoots higher than 46.6% from the field, it is 22-10 against the spread and 22-10 overall.
- San Antonio is 44-38-1 against the spread this season.
- The Spurs are 24-9 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- San Antonio games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 38 times out of 83 chances this year.
- The Spurs are shooting 46.7% from the field, 0.4% lower than the 47.1% the Pelicans’ opponents have shot this season.
- San Antonio has put together a 29-9 record against the spread and a 22-16 straight up record in games it shoots above 47.1% from the field.
Pelicans vs. Spurs Over/Under Trends
- This season, New Orleans and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 229 points 25 times.
- There have been 35 San Antonio games that have finished with a combined score higher than 229 points this season.
- The Pelicans average 109.3 points per game against the Spurs’ 113.2, totaling 6.5 points under the game’s total of 229.
- This game’s over/under is 5.7 fewer points than the 223.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Pelicans games is 220.3 points, 8.7 fewer than the over/under of 229 points for this contest.
- Spurs games have an over/under of 225.1 points this season, 3.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 17.8 PTS, 11.4 REB, 54.4 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (57-for-158)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.7 PTS, 5.6 AST, 46.1 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (74-for-226)
- Devonte’ Graham: 11.9 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (192-for-563)
- Herbert Jones: 9.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 47.6 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (57-for-169)
- Jaxson Hayes: 9.3 PTS, 62.2 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (19-for-55)
Spurs Team Leaders
- Dejounte Murray: 20.9 PTS, 8.3 REB, 9.1 AST, 2.0 STL, 46.3 FG%, 33.0 3PT% (95-for-288)
- Jakob Poeltl: 13.3 PTS, 9.2 REB, 1.7 BLK, 62.0 FG%
- Keldon Johnson: 16.7 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (158-for-393)
- Devin Vassell: 12.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.8 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (134-for-372)
- Lonnie Walker IV: 12.1 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (111-for-353)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.