The Los Angeles Angels (1-2) host the Houston Astros (2-1) at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday.
The Astros are favored (-112) in an expected close game against the Angels (-107). The Astros will give the ball to Jose Urquidy versus the Angels and Jose Suarez. The over/under for this game is set at 9.5.
Astros vs. Angels Predictions
Astros vs. Angels Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Angels Hitting Splits 2021
- The Astros hit 116 homers away from home last season (1.4 per game).
- The Astros averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .444 on the road.
- The club averaged 9.5 hits per game and batted .268 on the road last season.
- The Astros’ offense averaged 5.4 runs in road games.
- The Astros had a .336 on-base percentage and averaged 3.4 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 105 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .426 in home games last season with 241 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.3 base hits per game and hit .253 as a team at home last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4.7 runs per contest.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .318 and drew 2.9 walks per game.
- They struck out 698 times in 81 games last season, an average of 8.6 per contest.
Astros vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- Last season Urquidy and his team were 10-7-0 against the spread when he pitched.
- Urquidy and his team finished 13-6 in the 19 games he pitched when they were the moneyline favorite a season ago.
- His team had a 15-7 record in games he pitched in last season.
Projected starter: José Suarez
- Suarez and his team were 3-3-0 ATS in games he pitched last year.
- Suarez and his team won four of the games he started as the moneyline underdog last season, with a record of 4-7.
- His team finished with a record of 6-8 in games he pitched last season.
- Games he pitched hit the over four times in 14 opportunities
Astros Batting Leaders
- Jose Altuve hit .278 a season ago with 32 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker hit .294 with 37 doubles, three triples, 30 home runs and 53 walks.
- Yordan Alvarez had 33 home runs and 104 runs batted in last season.
- Michael Brantley hit .311 with 29 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 33 walks.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani slugged 46 home runs and collected 100 RBI last season while batting .257.
- Jared Walsh posted a .277 average with 98 RBI.
- David Fletcher finished with a .262 average, two home runs and 47 RBI last season.
- Matt Duffy hit .287 with an OBP of .357 and a slugging percentage of .381.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.