The New York Mets (2-0) and Washington Nationals (0-2) meet on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET, at Nationals Park.
The Mets are a favorite (-137) at the Nationals (+116). The Mets will give the ball to Carlos Carrasco versus the Nationals and Erick Fedde. The total for the game is 9.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Nationals Predictions
Mets vs. Nationals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Mets vs. Nationals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Mets averaged 1.2 homers per game when playing on the road last season (99 total in road outings).
- The Mets averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .394 away from home.
- The team averaged 7.9 hits per game and batted .234 on the road last season.
- The Mets’ offense averaged 4.1 runs in road games.
- The Mets had a .307 on-base percentage and averaged 3.1 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 9.1 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 95 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .431 SLG with 233 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games last season, they had a .265 AVG with 8.5 base hits per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4.3 runs per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .340 with 3.3 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 602 times in 81 games last season, an average of 7.4 per contest.
Mets vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Carrasco
- Last season Carrasco and his team went 1-3-0 against the spread when he pitched.
- Carrasco and his team went 5-1 in games he appeared in when they were the moneyline favorite a season ago.
- When he pitched in a game last season, his team had a record of 5-7.
Projected starter: Erick Fedde
- In 18 games he pitched with a spread last season, Fedde and his team finished with an 8-10-0 record ATS.
- Fedde and his team finished 6-11 when he pitched and they were the moneyline underdog.
- When the 29-year-old started last season his team went 12-15.
- In 26 games he pitched with a total set by bookmakers last season, the teams hit the over 14 times.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso had 37 home runs and 94 runs batted in last season.
- Eduardo Escobar had 26 doubles, five triples, 28 home runs and 48 walks while hitting .253.
- Starling Marte had a batting average of .310 with 145 total hits last season.
- Mark Canha had 22 doubles, four triples, 17 home runs and 77 walks while hitting .231.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Last season, Juan Soto drove in 95 runs while batting .313.
- Josh Bell hit .261 with an OBP of .347 and a slugging percentage of .476.
- Nelson Cruz finished with a .265 batting average last season and 32 home runs.
- Cesar Hernandez hit .232 with an OBP of .308 and a slugging percentage of .386.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.