The Los Angeles Angels (0-1) and Houston Astros (1-0) clash on Friday at 9:38 PM ET.
The Angels (-110 moneyline odds to win) and the Astros (-108) will meet in an expected tight matchup. The Angels will start Reid Detmers versus the Astros and Jake Odorizzi. The contest has a set total of 9.5.
Angels vs. Astros Predictions
Angels vs. Astros Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Angels vs. Astros Hitting Splits 2021
- The Angels averaged 1.3 homers per home game last season (105 total at home).
- The Angels averaged 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .426 at home.
- The club averaged 8.3 hits per game and batted .253 at home last season.
- The Angels’ offense averaged 4.7 runs in home games.
- The Angels had a .318 on-base percentage and averaged 2.9 walks per game at home.
- In home games last season the team averaged 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 116 homers, an average of 1.4 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .444 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .268 AVG with 9.5 base hits per contest.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 5.4 runs per contest.
- They got on base at a .336 clip with 3.4 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 7.8 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Angels vs. Astros Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Last season Detmers and his team went 1-2-0 against the spread when he pitched.
- Detmers’ team was favored on the moneyline only once in a game he pitched a season ago, and lost.
- His team had a 2-3 record when he pitched in last season.
Projected starter: Jake Odorizzi
- In games Odorizzi pitched with a spread last season, his team was 7-9-0 ATS.
- Odorizzi appeared in four games last season as the moneyline underdog and his team finished with a record of 1-3 in those contests.
- His team finished with a record of 12-11 in games he pitched last season.
- When he pitched, the teams were 14-7-2 at hitting the over on the total set by sportsbooks.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani hit 46 home runs and had 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jared Walsh hit .277 a season ago with 147 hits.
- David Fletcher hit .262 last season with 27 doubles, three triples, two home runs and 31 walks.
- Matt Duffy had 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks while hitting .287.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Jose Altuve finished last season with 31 home runs, 83 RBI and a batting average of .278.
- Kyle Tucker hit .294 with an OBP of .359 and a slugging percentage of .557.
- Yuli Gurriel finished last season with a .319 batting average while adding 15 home runs and 81 RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez slugged 33 homers and finished with 104 RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.