Friday’s NHL schedule features a matchup between the Carolina Hurricanes (45-17-8) and the New York Islanders (32-28-9) at PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Hurricanes are -180 on the moneyline to win at home against the Islanders (+151) in the game, which begins at 7:00 PM ET.
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Predictions
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- The Hurricanes are 39-20 record when favored on the moneyline this season.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -180 or shorter, Carolina is 19-8 (winning 70.4% of the time).
- The Hurricanes’ implied moneyline win probability is 64.3% in this game.
- The Hurricanes’ 231 total goals (3.3 per game) make them the ninth-best scoring team in the league.
- The Hurricanes have allowed 166 total goals (just 2.4 per game), ranking first in league action for the fewest goals against.
- The Islanders have secured an upset victory in five, or 17.9%, of the 28 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- New York has been an underdog with +151 odds or longer five times this season, and lost each of those games.
- With 192 goals (2.8 per game), the Islanders have the NHL’s 25th-ranked offense.
- The Islanders give up 2.6 goals per game (183 in total), the third-fewest in the NHL.
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- Carolina and its opponent have hit the over on this game’s total (5.5 goals) 36 times this season.
- In New York’s 69 games this season, 33 have finished with more goals than Friday’s total of 5.5.
- The over/under for this game (5.5) is 0.6 less than the combined scoring averages for the Hurricanes (3.3) and Islanders (2.78).
- These two teams allow a combined 5.0 goals per game, 0.5 less than this one’s over/under.
Hurricanes Team Leaders
- Sebastian Aho: 31 goals and 38 assists
- Andrei Svechnikov: 27 goals and 33 assists
- Teuvo Teravainen: 18 goals and 39 assists
- Frederik Andersen: 33-12-3 record, .926 save percentage, 98 goals conceded
Islanders Team Leaders
- Brock Nelson: 33 goals and 17 assists
- Mathew Barzal: 14 goals and 34 assists
- Anders Lee: 25 goals and 16 assists
- Ilya Sorokin: 21-14-7 record, .927 save percentage, 97 goals conceded
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.