Thursday’s NHL matchup between the New York Rangers (45-20-6) and the Pittsburgh Penguins (41-20-10) at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York is projected to be a tight outing. The Rangers have -117 moneyline odds to win against the Penguins (-103) in the game, which starts at 7:00 PM ET.
Rangers vs. Penguins Predictions
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- The Rangers are 27-11 record when favored on the moneyline this season.
- When playing with moneyline odds of -117 or shorter, New York is 27-11 (winning 71.1% of the time).
- Based on the moneyline in this game, the Rangers’ implied win probability is 53.9%.
- The Rangers’ 213 total goals (three per game) make them the 17th-ranked scoring team in the NHL.
- The Rangers have allowed 183 total goals (2.6 per game), ranking third in NHL play for the fewest goals against.
- The Penguins have secured an upset victory in 10, or 50.0%, of the 20 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- Pittsburgh has 18 games this season playing as an underdog by -103 or longer, and is 9-9 in those contests.
- The Penguins are eighth in the league in scoring (234 goals, 3.3 per game).
- The Penguins have one of the top defenses in the NHL, giving up 188 total goals (2.6 per game), fifth in the league.
Rangers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (5.5 goals) 31 times this season.
- In Pittsburgh’s 71 games this season, 40 have finished with more goals than Thursday’s total of 5.5.
- The over/under for this game (5.5) is 0.8 less than the combined scoring averages for the Rangers (3) and Penguins (3.3).
- This game’s over/under is 0.3 more than the 5.2 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 19 goals and 65 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 28 goals and 44 assists
- Adam Fox: 10 goals and 57 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 32-10-4 record, .933 save percentage, 95 goals allowed
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: 26 goals and 46 assists
- Jake Guentzel: 33 goals and 37 assists
- Kris Letang: seven goals and 53 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 33-16-6 record, .920 save percentage, 129 goals given up
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.