Tuesday’s NHL slate features a matchup between the Dallas Stars (39-26-3) and the New York Islanders (32-27-9) at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. The Stars are -138 on the moneyline to win at home against the Islanders (+115) in the game, which begins at 8:30 PM ET.
Stars vs. Islanders Predictions
Stars vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Stars vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- In the 42 times this season the Stars have been a moneyline favorite, they have gone 26-16 in those games.
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -138 or shorter, Dallas has compiled a 19-9 record (winning 67.9% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probability in this game says the Stars have a 58.0% chance to win.
- The Stars rank 20th in the NHL with 197 goals scored (2.9 per game).
- The Stars have given up 202 total goals (3.0 per game), ranking 15th in NHL play in goals against.
- The Islanders have been the underdog 27 times this season, and upset their opponent in five, or 18.5%, of those games.
- New York is 3-13 when oddsmakers have made them underdogs of +115 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Islanders have 190 goals this season (2.8 per game), 24th in the league.
- The Islanders have one of the best defenses in the NHL, conceding 180 total goals (2.6 per game), third in the league.
Stars vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- A total of 31 Dallas games this season have gone over Tuesday’s over/under of 5.5 goals.
- A total of 33 of New York’s games have finished with over 5.5 goals this season.
- These two teams combine for 5.7 goals per game, 0.19 more than the total for this contest.
- This game’s over/under is 0.1 less than the 5.6 goals these two teams concede per game combined.
Stars Team Leaders
- Joe Pavelski: 25 goals and 42 assists
- Jason Robertson: 32 goals and 31 assists
- Roope Hintz: 30 goals and 28 assists
- Jake Oettinger: 24-12-1 record, .916 save percentage, 91 goals given up
Islanders Team Leaders
- Brock Nelson: 32 goals and 17 assists
- Mathew Barzal: 14 goals and 34 assists
- Anders Lee: 25 goals and 16 assists
- Ilya Sorokin: 21-14-7 record, .927 save percentage, 97 goals given up
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.