A competitive NHL matchup is expected on Friday when the Pittsburgh Penguins (39-16-10) visit the New York Rangers (40-19-5) at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are underdogs (-104 on the moneyline) against the Penguins (-115) ahead of the outing, which starts at 7:00 PM ET.
Penguins vs. Rangers Predictions
Penguins vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Penguins vs. Rangers Betting Trends
- The Penguins have won 63.8% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (30-17).
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -115 or shorter, Pittsburgh is 30-16 (winning 65.2% of the time).
- The Penguins have a 53.5% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this contest.
Penguins vs. Rangers Over/Under Trends
- This season, 36 of Pittsburgh’s 65 games have gone over Friday’s over/under of 6 goals.
- This season, 27 of New York’s games have featured more than 6 goals.
- The Penguins score 3.23 goals per game, compared to the Rangers’ average of 2.95, adding up to 0.2 more goals than this contest’s total of 6.
- The 5.1 goals per game these two teams allow are 0.9 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: 23 goals and 43 assists
- Jake Guentzel: 31 goals and 33 assists
- Kris Letang: seven goals and 46 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 32-12-6 record, .923 save percentage, 111 goals given up
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 16 goals and 57 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 27 goals and 39 assists
- Adam Fox: 10 goals and 54 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 30-9-3 record, .936 save percentage, 86 goals allowed
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.