The Charlotte Hornets (36-35) will try to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (29-41) on Monday, March 21, 2022 at Spectrum Center as 5.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 234 points.
Hornets vs. Pelicans Predictions
Hornets vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Hornets vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Charlotte covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Charlotte’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 230.8 total points, 3.2 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Hornets’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 6.6 points higher than their season-long average.
- New Orleans covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- New Orleans’ last 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The Pelicans’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 229.6 points scored. That’s 4.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Pelicans have a 119.8 points-per-game average, 11.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
Hornets vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Charlotte has put together a 39-30-2 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 5.5 points or more so far this season, the Hornets have gone 6-6 against the spread.
- This season, 35 of Charlotte’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Hornets make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.3 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (46.5%).
- Charlotte is 24-9 against the spread and 23-10 overall when it shoots higher than 46.5% from the field.
- New Orleans has covered the spread 36 times in 71 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5.5 points or more so far this year, the Pelicans have gone 11-14 against the spread.
- Games involving New Orleans have hit the over 30 times out of 71 chances this year.
- The Pelicans are shooting 45.5% from the field, 0.8% lower than the 46.3% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans has compiled an 18-10 record against the spread and a 17-11 straight up record in games it shoots above 46.3% from the field.
Hornets vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- This season, Charlotte and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s over/under of 234 points 31 times.
- This season, 13 of New Orleans’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 234 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 223.6 points per game, 10.4 points fewer than the total of 234 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 224.6 points per game, 9.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Hornets games is 6.9 points fewer than the over/under of 234 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 14.7 points more than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games this season (219.3 points).
Hornets Team Leaders
- LaMelo Ball: 19.7 PTS, 7.4 AST, 1.6 STL, 42.1 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (174-for-464)
- Miles Bridges: 20.0 PTS, 7.1 REB, 48.6 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (130-for-402)
- Terry Rozier: 19.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.5 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (196-for-515)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 15.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.6 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (173-for-503)
- Mason Plumlee: 6.5 PTS, 8.0 REB, 63.9 FG%
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 17.6 PTS, 11.2 REB, 53.8 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (53-for-145)
- Devonte’ Graham: 12.5 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (179-for-517)
- Herbert Jones: 9.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 49.1 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (47-for-135)
- Jaxson Hayes: 8.9 PTS, 64.8 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (14-for-38)
- Garrett Temple: 5.4 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 32.0 3PT% (56-for-175)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.