The Washington Capitals (33-18-10) are heavy road favorites (-218 moneyline odds to win) against the Columbus Blue Jackets (30-27-3, +179 moneyline odds). Thursday’s contest begins at 7:00 PM ET from Nationwide Arena.
Capitals vs. Blue Jackets Predictions
Capitals vs. Blue Jackets Betting Odds
Capitals vs. Blue Jackets Betting Trends
- The Capitals are 23-18 record when favored on the moneyline this season.
- Washington is 6-5 when playing with moneyline odds of -218 or shorter (54.5% win percentage).
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Capitals’ implied win probability is 68.6%.
Capitals vs. Blue Jackets Over/Under Trends
- This season, Washington games have gone over this one’s 6-goal over/under 36 times.
- There have been 43 Columbus games with more than 6 goals this season.
- These two teams combine for 6.5 goals per game, 0.50 more than the total for this contest.
- The 6.5 goals per game these two teams are conceding on average are 0.5 more than the over/under for this contest.
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 37 goals and 36 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 19 goals and 40 assists
- John Carlson: 10 goals and 39 assists
- Vitek Vanecek: 15-7-5 record, .917 save percentage, 65 goals allowed
Blue Jackets Team Leaders
- Oliver Bjorkstrand: 21 goals and 24 assists
- Boone Jenner: 23 goals and 21 assists
- Jakub Voracek: three goals and 40 assists
- Elvis Merzlikins: 21-15-3 record, .902 save percentage, 124 goals given up
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.