Tuesday’s NHL matchup between the Washington Capitals (32-18-10) and the New York Islanders (24-24-8) at Capital One Arena sees the Capitals as home favorites (-157 moneyline odds to win) against the Islanders (+132). The game begins at 7:00 PM ET.
Capitals vs. Islanders Predictions
Capitals vs. Islanders Betting Odds
Capitals vs. Islanders Betting Trends
- The Capitals are 22-18 record when listed as a moneyline favorite this season.
- Washington is 13-10 (winning 56.5% of its games) when it has played with moneyline odds of -157 or shorter.
- The Capitals have a 61.1% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this matchup.
Capitals vs. Islanders Over/Under Trends
- Washington and its opponent have combined for more than Tuesday’s total of 5.5 goals 35 times this season.
- A total of 26 of New York’s games have finished with more than 5.5 goals this season.
- The Capitals score 3.25 goals per game, compared to the Islanders’ average of 2.71, adding up to 0.5 more goals than this contest’s over/under of 5.5.
- This game’s over/under is 0.0 more than the 5.5 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 36 goals and 36 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 19 goals and 38 assists
- John Carlson: 10 goals and 39 assists
- Ilya Samsonov: 17-9-4 record, .901 save percentage, 87 goals given up
Islanders Team Leaders
- Mathew Barzal: 12 goals and 26 assists
- Brock Nelson: 23 goals and 11 assists
- Noah Dobson: 10 goals and 22 assists
- Semyon Varlamov: 4-12-1 record, .912 save percentage, 50 goals given up
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.