A pair of the NBA’s best scorers face off when Ja Morant (sixth, 27.6 PPG) and the Memphis Grizzlies (43-20) visit Jayson Tatum (eighth, 25.9 PPG) and the Boston Celtics (37-27) on Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET. The Grizzlies are 3-point favorites. The over/under in the matchup is set at 224.5.
Grizzlies vs. Celtics Predictions
Grizzlies vs. Celtics Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs. Celtics Last 10 Games
- Memphis is 8-2 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Memphis and its opponents have hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Grizzlies games averaged 230.9 total points, 6.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Grizzlies are scoring 9.6 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Boston has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Boston’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Celtics games averaged 6.8 fewer points (217.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Celtics’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 115.7, 6.5 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Grizzlies vs. Celtics Betting Trends
- Memphis has put together a record of 42-21-0 against the spread this season.
- The Grizzlies are 20-10 ATS when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- This season, 33 of Memphis’ games have gone over the point total.
- The Grizzlies are shooting 45.9% from the field this season, 2.9 percentage points higher than the 43.0% the Celtics allow to opponents.
- Memphis is 39-5 against the spread and 39-5 overall when it shoots better than 43.0% from the field.
- Boston has registered a 32-30-2 record against the spread this year.
- The Celtics have an ATS record of 6-4-1 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Boston games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 28 times this year.
- The Celtics are shooting 45.5% from the field, 0.4% higher than the 45.1% the Grizzlies’ opponents have shot this season.
- Boston has put together a 22-9-1 record against the spread and a 25-7 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 45.1% from the field.
Grizzlies vs. Celtics Over/Under Trends
- Memphis and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (224.5 points) 34 times this season.
- This season, 16 of Boston’s games have ended with a score higher than 224.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 224.5 is 1.4 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Grizzlies (113.9 points per game) and the Celtics (109.2 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 212.9 points per game, 11.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Grizzlies have seen a 222.7 average over/under in their games this season, 1.8 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Celtics games have an over/under of 214.5 points this season, 10.0 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Grizzlies Team Leaders
- Ja Morant: 27.6 PTS, 6.6 AST, 1.2 STL, 49.8 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (76-for-221)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: 16.5 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 41.5 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (104-for-329)
- Desmond Bane: 17.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.0 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (166-for-407)
- Steven Adams: 7.0 PTS, 9.9 REB, 54.3 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.0 PTS, 1.6 STL, 38.6 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (87-for-254)
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 25.9 PTS, 8.3 REB, 43.3 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (167-for-508)
- Jaylen Brown: 23.2 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (126-for-362)
- Robert Williams III: 10.0 PTS, 9.8 REB, 2.2 BLK, 72.3 FG%
- Al Horford: 10.0 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.4 BLK, 44.9 FG%, 30.7 3PT% (65-for-212)
- Marcus Smart: 11.8 PTS, 5.4 AST, 1.8 STL, 41.4 FG%, 32.0 3PT% (83-for-259)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.