The Houston Rockets (15-42) visit the Los Angeles Clippers (29-31) after losing five straight road games. The Clippers are heavy favorites by 10 points in the matchup, which begins at 10:30 PM ET on Thursday, February 17, 2022. The matchup’s point total is set at 228.5.
Clippers vs. Rockets Predictions
Clippers vs. Rockets Betting Odds
Clippers vs. Rockets Last 10 Games
- Los Angeles has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Clippers games averaged 220.1 total points, 8.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Clippers have a points-per-game average 3.4 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Houston is 2-8-0 against the spread and 1-9 overall during its past 10 matchups.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Rockets games averaged 1.3 more points (229.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Rockets have scored 0.5 more points per contest compared to their 108.4 PPG season-long scoring average.
Clippers vs. Rockets Betting Trends
- Los Angeles is 28-31-1 against the spread this season.
- The Clippers are winless against the spread when they have played as 10-point favorites or more (0-2).
- Games involving Los Angeles have hit the over 29 times this season.
- The Clippers make 45.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.9 percentage points lower than the Rockets have allowed to their opponents (48.2%).
- Los Angeles has a 12-4 record against the spread and a 12-4 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 48.2% from the field.
- Houston has covered the spread 23 times this season (23-33-1).
- The Rockets have an ATS record of 9-7-1 when playing as at least 10-point underdogs.
- Games involving Houston have hit the over 33 times this season.
- The Rockets have shot at a 45.1% rate from the field this season, 0.4 percentage points greater than the 44.7% shooting opponents of the Clippers have averaged.
- This season, Houston has a 17-9-1 record against the spread and a 13-14 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.7% from the field.
Clippers vs. Rockets Over/Under Trends
- A total of 15 Los Angeles games this season have gone over Thursday’s total of 228.5 points.
- This season, 27 games Houston played finished with a combined score higher than 228.5 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 228.5 is 13.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Clippers (106.3 points per game) and the Rockets (108.4 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 3.2 fewer points than the 225.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Clippers games is 11.8 points fewer than the over/under of 228.5 points in this matchup.
- Rockets games have an over/under of 223.9 points this season, 4.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Clippers Team Leaders
- Reggie Jackson: 16.6 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (128-for-394)
- Ivica Zubac: 9.6 PTS, 8.0 REB, 65.1 FG%
- Terance Mann: 10.4 PTS, 48.1 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (57-for-160)
- Paul George: 24.7 PTS, 7.1 REB, 5.5 AST, 2.0 STL, 42.1 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (70-for-217)
- Luke Kennard: 11.6 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (129-for-297)
Rockets Team Leaders
- Christian Wood: 17.6 PTS, 10.2 REB, 48.4 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (98-for-264)
- Jae’Sean Tate: 12.5 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 28.7 3PT% (41-for-143)
- Eric Gordon: 14.3 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (106-for-254)
- Alperen Sengun: 8.8 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 28.1 3PT% (18-for-64)
- Jalen Green: 14.4 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (78-for-257)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.