The Minnesota Timberwolves (26-25) visit the Detroit Pistons (12-38) in a matchup of Northwest Division teams at Little Caesars Arena, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 3, 2022. The Pistons are 6.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 225.5 points.
Timberwolves vs. Pistons Predictions
Timberwolves vs. Pistons Betting Odds
Timberwolves vs. Pistons Last 10 Games
- Minnesota covered the spread four times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Minnesota games has gone over the set total eight times.
- The last 10 Timberwolves games averaged 228.2 total points, 2.7 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Timberwolves have a points-per-game average 8.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Detroit is 3-7 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Detroit games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The last 10 Pistons games averaged 215.7 total points, 9.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Pistons have scored 4.3 more points per contest compared to their 102.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
Timberwolves vs. Pistons Betting Trends
- Minnesota has covered the spread 26 times over 51 games with a set spread.
- The Timberwolves are 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, Minnesota’s games have hit the over 30 times.
- This season, the Timberwolves have a 44.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.7% lower than the 47.2% of shots the Pistons’ opponents have hit.
- Minnesota has a 14-2 record against the spread and a 14-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.2% from the field.
- Detroit has covered the spread 25 times in 50 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when an underdog by 6.5 points or more, the Pistons have gone 21-15 against the spread.
- Detroit’s games have gone over the total 25 times this season.
- The Pistons have shot at a 42.2% clip from the field this season, 3.1 percentage points fewer than the 45.3% shooting opponents of the Timberwolves have averaged.
- This season, Detroit has a 10-4 record against the spread and a 7-7 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 45.3% from the field.
Timberwolves vs. Pistons Over/Under Trends
- This season, 25 of Minnesota’s 51 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 225.5 points.
- This season, 14 of Detroit’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 225.5 points.
- The Timberwolves average 112.0 points per game against the Pistons’ 102.3, amounting to 11.2 points under the matchup’s total of 225.5.
- The 222.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 3.2 fewer than the 225.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Timberwolves games is 222.1 points, 3.4 fewer than the over/under of 225.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 12.6 points separates this matchup’s over/under (225.5 points) and the average total points bet in Pistons’ games (212.9 points) this season.
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.4 PTS, 9.5 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 51.8 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (97-for-237)
- Anthony Edwards: 22.3 PTS, 1.6 STL, 44.3 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (145-for-399)
- D’Angelo Russell: 18.8 PTS, 6.9 AST, 41.0 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (114-for-324)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 7.2 PTS, 9.1 REB, 1.6 STL, 58.7 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (2-for-11)
- Malik Beasley: 12.0 PTS, 37.1 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (146-for-426)
Pistons Team Leaders
- Saddiq Bey: 15.4 PTS, 38.6 FG%, 33.2 3PT% (120-for-361)
- Cade Cunningham: 15.8 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.3 STL, 39.7 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (84-for-256)
- Trey Lyles: 10.3 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (41-for-136)
- Isaiah Stewart: 7.9 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.1 BLK, 52.7 FG%, 13.0 3PT% (3-for-23)
- Hamidou Diallo: 10.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 50.3 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (17-for-66)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.