The Memphis Grizzlies (21-14) take on the Los Angeles Lakers (17-18) as 4.5-point favorites on Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 223.5.
Grizzlies vs. Lakers Predictions
Grizzlies vs. Lakers Betting Odds
Grizzlies vs. Lakers Last 10 Games
- Memphis has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Memphis games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The last 10 Grizzlies games averaged 219.2 total points, 4.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Grizzlies have scored 1.7 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Los Angeles covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Lakers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 221.0 points scored. That’s 2.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Lakers are scoring 107.3 points per game compared to their 110.6 season average.
Grizzlies vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- Memphis has covered the spread 21 times over 35 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the Grizzlies have gone 5-4 against the spread.
- Games involving Memphis have hit the over 18 times this season.
- This season, the Grizzlies have a 45.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.4% higher than the 44.8% of shots the Lakers’ opponents have made.
- In games Memphis shoots higher than 44.8% from the field, it is 16-2 against the spread and 16-2 overall.
- Los Angeles has put together a record of 14-21-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Lakers have an ATS record of 4-3.
- Los Angeles games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times this year.
- The Lakers have shot at a 46.3% clip from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points greater than the 45.7% shooting opponents of the Grizzlies have averaged.
- Los Angeles is 11-11 against the spread and 14-8 overall when it shoots better than 45.7% from the field.
Grizzlies vs. Lakers Over/Under Trends
- This season, Memphis and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 223.5 points 17 times.
- In Los Angeles’ 35 games this season, 17 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s total of 223.5.
- The Grizzlies average 111.1 points per game against the Lakers’ 110.6, totaling 1.8 points under the matchup’s over/under of 223.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 221.2 points per game, 2.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Grizzlies games is 220.0 points, 3.5 fewer than the over/under of 223.5 points for this contest.
- Lakers games have an over/under of 220.2 points this season, 3.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Grizzlies Team Leaders
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: 16.4 PTS, 1.8 BLK, 41.7 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (65-for-199)
- Desmond Bane: 17.2 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (100-for-235)
- Ja Morant: 23.7 PTS, 6.8 AST, 1.5 STL, 47.8 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (35-for-100)
- Steven Adams: 7.1 PTS, 9.1 REB, 52.9 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 41.5 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (50-for-146)
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 19.8 PTS, 8.0 REB, 8.2 AST, 1.2 STL, 45.5 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (40-for-127)
- Anthony Davis: 23.3 PTS, 9.9 REB, 1.2 STL, 2.0 BLK, 52.1 FG%, 17.9 3PT% (10-for-56)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.5 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (84-for-212)
- Malik Monk: 10.6 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (54-for-147)
- Dwight Howard: 4.8 PTS, 61.3 FG%, 75.0 3PT% (6-for-8)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.