The Portland Trail Blazers (13-18) face the New Orleans Pelicans (10-21) as just 1.5-point favorites on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 219.
Trail Blazers vs. Pelicans Predictions
Trail Blazers vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
|Trail Blazers||-1.5||219 points|
Trail Blazers vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Portland is 3-7 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Portland and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Trail Blazers games averaged 217.5 total points, 1.5 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Trail Blazers have scored 4.0 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- New Orleans is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The Pelicans’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 215.0 points scored. That’s 4.0 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Pelicans have a 109.9 points-per-game average, 5.5 points above their season-long scoring average.
Trail Blazers vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Portland has compiled a 12-18-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Trail Blazers have an ATS record of 10-8-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, 15 of Portland’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Trail Blazers make 45.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.8 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (47.0%).
- In games Portland shoots better than 47.0% from the field, it is 5-6-1 against the spread and 7-5 overall.
- New Orleans is 13-18-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Pelicans have gone 11-15 against the spread.
- Games involving New Orleans have hit the over 13 times this season.
- The Pelicans have shot at a 43.5% rate from the field this season, 3.5 percentage points less than the 47.0% shooting opponents of the Trail Blazers have averaged.
- This season, New Orleans has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 4-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 47.0% from the field.
Trail Blazers vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- A total of 16 Portland games this season have gone over Tuesday’s total of 219 points.
- In New Orleans’ 31 games this season, 12 have finished with more combined scoring than Tuesday’s point total of 219.
- Together, the two teams combine for 212.9 points per game, 6.1 points fewer than the over/under of 219 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s total is 2.0 fewer points than the 221 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Trail Blazers games is 221.1 points, 2.1 more than the over/under of 219 points for this contest.
- Pelicans games have an over/under of 215.8 points this season, 3.2 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Trail Blazers Team Leaders
- Damian Lillard: 23.2 PTS, 7.6 AST, 39.8 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (77-for-243)
- Jusuf Nurkic: 13.1 PTS, 10.1 REB, 56.9 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (5-for-25)
- CJ McCollum: 20.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.4 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (77-for-196)
- Norman Powell: 18.1 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (59-for-142)
- Robert Covington: 6.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 1.2 BLK, 39.4 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (48-for-143)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.9 PTS, 11.9 REB, 52.9 FG%, 46.5 3PT% (33-for-71)
- Brandon Ingram: 23.3 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (43-for-119)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 13.4 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (63-for-207)
- Devonte’ Graham: 13.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.7 FG%, 37.0 3PT% (85-for-230)
- Josh Hart: 11.3 PTS, 7.2 REB, 50.7 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (18-for-56)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.