The Phoenix Suns (23-5) are favored (by 8 points) to extend a 13-game home winning streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (16-15) on Sunday, December 19, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 226.5 in the matchup.
Suns vs. Hornets Predictions
Suns vs. Hornets Betting Odds
Suns vs. Hornets Last 10 Games
- Phoenix has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Phoenix’s past 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The last 10 Suns games averaged 215.6 total points, 10.9 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Suns have a points-per-game average 2.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Charlotte covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Charlotte games have exceeded the set total eight times.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 224.0 total points, 2.5 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Hornets are scoring 121.4 points per game compared to their 115.6 season average.
Suns vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread 15 times over 28 games with a set spread.
- The Suns have an ATS record of 5-5 when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- This season, 12 of Phoenix’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Suns are shooting 47.5% from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points higher than the 47.2% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- Phoenix is 12-5 against the spread and 16-1 overall when it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- Charlotte has compiled an 18-13-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Hornets are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- This season, 19 of Charlotte’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Hornets have shot at a 46.5% rate from the field this season, 2.6 percentage points greater than the 43.9% shooting opponents of the Suns have averaged.
- Charlotte is 15-5 against the spread and 12-8 overall when it shoots better than 43.9% from the field.
Suns vs. Hornets Over/Under Trends
- Phoenix and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total (226.5 points) five times this season.
- A total of 17 of Charlotte’s games finished with a combined score over 226.5 points this season.
- The Suns average 111.0 points per game against the Hornets’ 115.6, totaling 0.1 points over the game’s point total of 226.5.
- The 221.1 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 5.4 fewer than the 226.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Suns games is 218.1 points, 8.4 fewer than the over/under of 226.5 points for this contest.
- Hornets games have an over/under of 224.4 points this season, 2.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Suns Team Leaders
- Chris Paul: 14.5 PTS, 10.1 AST, 2.0 STL, 48.1 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
- Devin Booker: 23.2 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (50-for-124)
- Deandre Ayton: 16.9 PTS, 11.1 REB, 61.7 FG%
- Mikal Bridges: 12.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 52.7 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (35-for-90)
- JaVale McGee: 10.6 PTS, 7.5 REB, 64.6 FG%
Hornets Team Leaders
- Miles Bridges: 19.6 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.1 STL, 47.1 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (60-for-185)
- LaMelo Ball: 20.3 PTS, 7.6 REB, 8.1 AST, 1.9 STL, 42.7 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (73-for-184)
- Gordon Hayward: 18.0 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (58-for-144)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (91-for-237)
- Cody Martin: 9.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 51.3 FG%, 50.7 3PT% (34-for-67)
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.