The Detroit Pistons (4-23) are 1.5-point favorites as they attempt to break a 13-game losing streak when they host the Houston Rockets (9-20) on Saturday, December 18, 2021 at Little Caesars Arena. The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 215 points.
Pistons vs. Rockets Predictions
Pistons vs. Rockets Betting Odds
Pistons vs. Rockets Last 10 Games
- Detroit has a 0-10 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Detroit’s last 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Pistons games averaged 209.6 total points, 5.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Pistons’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 1.8 points higher than their season-long average.
- Houston covered the spread seven times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Houston’s past 10 contests saw seven go over the total.
- The past 10 Rockets games averaged 5.1 more points (220.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Rockets have scored 4.9 more points per contest compared to their 106.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Pistons vs. Rockets Betting Trends
- Detroit has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-14-0).
- In games they have played as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Pistons have an ATS record of 1-1.
- Games involving Detroit have hit the over 14 times this season.
- The Pistons are shooting 41.2% from the field this season, 4.4 percentage points lower than the 45.6% the Rockets allow to opponents.
- Detroit has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 1-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 45.6% from the field.
- Houston has covered the spread in a matchup 15 times this year (15-13-1).
- The Rockets have an ATS record of 13-11-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Houston have hit the over 14 times this season.
- The Rockets are shooting 44.7% from the field, 3.1% lower than the 47.8% the Pistons’ opponents have shot this season.
- Houston is 9-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall when it shoots higher than 47.8% from the field.
Pistons vs. Rockets Over/Under Trends
- Detroit and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s over/under of 215 points 11 times this season.
- A total of 18 of Houston’s games finished with a combined score over 215 points this season.
- The Pistons average 100.1 points per game against the Rockets’ 106.1, totaling 8.8 points under the game’s point total of 215.
- The 223 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 8.0 more than the 215 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Pistons games is 209.4 points, 5.6 fewer than the over/under of 215 points for this contest.
- Rockets’ games have a total points bet of 219.8 points this season, 4.8 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Pistons Team Leaders
- Jerami Grant: 20.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 41.4 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (42-for-127)
- Cade Cunningham: 15.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 38.8 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (50-for-156)
- Saddiq Bey: 12.5 PTS, 35.4 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (50-for-167)
- Isaiah Stewart: 7.6 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.2 BLK, 53.2 FG%
- Frank Jackson: 10.6 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (52-for-152)
Rockets Team Leaders
- Christian Wood: 16.5 PTS, 11.1 REB, 45.8 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (44-for-128)
- Jae’Sean Tate: 12.3 PTS, 49.5 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (25-for-78)
- Alperen Sengun: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 49.2 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (10-for-34)
- Eric Gordon: 14.7 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (56-for-129)
- Kenyon Martin Jr.: 7.5 PTS, 54.1 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (13-for-44)
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.