The Portland Trail Blazers (11-18) will attempt to break a seven-game losing streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (16-14) on Friday, December 17, 2021 at Moda Center as only 2-point favorites. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 227.
Trail Blazers vs. Hornets Predictions
Trail Blazers vs. Hornets Betting Odds
|Trail Blazers||-2||227 points|
Trail Blazers vs. Hornets Last 10 Games
- Portland is 2-8-0 against the spread over its last 10 games, and has a 1-9 straight-up record in those contests.
- Portland’s last 10 contests saw four hit the over.
- The past 10 Trail Blazers games averaged 9.9 fewer points (217.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Trail Blazers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 5.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- Charlotte covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Charlotte’s last 10 contests saw eight hit the over.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 223.7 total points, 3.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Hornets have scored 7.5 more points per contest compared to their 115.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Trail Blazers vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- Portland has put together a record of 10-18-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 2 points or more so far this season, the Trail Blazers have gone 9-8-1 against the spread.
- This season, 14 of Portland’s games have gone over the point total.
- This season, the Trail Blazers have a 44.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.2% lower than the 47.1% of shots the Hornets’ opponents have made.
- In games Portland shoots better than 47.1% from the field, it is 3-6-1 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
- Charlotte has covered the spread 18 times this season (18-12-0).
- In games they have played as 2-point underdogs or more, the Hornets have an ATS record of 11-9.
- Games involving Charlotte have hit the over 18 times this year.
- The Hornets are shooting 46.5% from the field, 0.7% lower than the 47.2% the Trail Blazers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Charlotte has an 11-1 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
Trail Blazers vs. Hornets Over/Under Trends
- A total of 10 Portland games this season have gone over Friday’s total of 227 points.
- A total of 16 of Charlotte’s games ended with a combined score over 227 points this season.
- The Trail Blazers average 108.0 points per game against the Hornets’ 115.6, amounting to 3.4 points under the matchup’s point total of 227.
- The 227.6 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.6 more than the 227 total in this contest.
- The Trail Blazers have seen a 220.8 average over/under in their games this season, 6.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 2.8 points more than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (224.2 points).
Trail Blazers Team Leaders
- Jusuf Nurkic: 13.4 PTS, 10.3 REB, 1.1 STL, 57.4 FG%, 21.7 3PT% (5-for-23)
- Damian Lillard: 22.0 PTS, 7.7 AST, 38.4 FG%, 30.5 3PT% (68-for-223)
- CJ McCollum: 20.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.4 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (77-for-196)
- Norman Powell: 17.8 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (50-for-124)
- Robert Covington: 6.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 1.1 BLK, 38.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (44-for-132)
Hornets Team Leaders
- Miles Bridges: 19.8 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.1 STL, 47.0 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (60-for-183)
- LaMelo Ball: 20.0 PTS, 7.7 REB, 8.3 AST, 1.9 STL, 41.8 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (70-for-179)
- Gordon Hayward: 18.4 PTS, 47.0 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (56-for-139)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.0 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (88-for-228)
- Cody Martin: 9.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 50.0 FG%, 50.0 3PT% (33-for-66)
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.