The Boston Celtics (14-14) will look to Jayson Tatum (seventh in the league scoring 26.2 points per game) when they try to defeat Stephen Curry (fourth in the NBA with 26.9 PPG) and the Golden State Warriors (23-5) on Friday, December 17, 2021 at TD Garden. The Celtics are 2.5-point home underdogs in the matchup, which tips off at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 214.5.
Warriors vs. Celtics Predictions
Warriors vs. Celtics Betting Odds
Warriors vs. Celtics Last 10 Games
- Golden State is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The Warriors and their opponents have hit the over in one of those games.
- The past 10 Warriors games averaged 2.2 more points (216.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Warriors have a points-per-game average 4.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Boston has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Boston’s last 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The Celtics’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 212.8 points scored. That’s 1.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Celtics are scoring 108.4 points per game compared to their 108.3 season average.
Warriors vs. Celtics Betting Trends
- Golden State has compiled an 18-9-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Warriors are 15-8-1 against the spread.
- This season, Golden State’s games have hit the over seven times.
- This season, the Warriors have a 47.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.8% higher than the 44.3% of shots the Celtics’ opponents have knocked down.
- Golden State is 14-4-1 against the spread and 18-1 overall when it shoots better than 44.3% from the field.
- Boston has put together a record of 14-13-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Celtics have an ATS record of 3-3-1.
- This year, 11 of Boston’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Celtics’ 44.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.2 percentage points higher than the Warriors have allowed to their opponents (42.2%).
- This season, Boston has an 11-6-1 record against the spread and a 10-8 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 42.2% from the field.
Warriors vs. Celtics Over/Under Trends
- A total of 11 Golden State games this season have gone over Friday’s over/under of 214.5 points.
- A total of 14 of Boston’s games finished with a combined score higher than 214.5 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 214.5 is 5.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Warriors (111.8 points per game) and the Celtics (108.3 points per game).
- The 207.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 7.1 fewer than the 214.5 total in this contest.
- The Warriors have seen a 219.4 average over/under in their games this season, 4.9 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 1.0 point separates this game’s over/under (214.5 points) and the average total points bet in Celtics’ games (213.5 points) this season.
Warriors Team Leaders
- Stephen Curry: 26.9 PTS, 6.1 AST, 1.6 STL, 43.1 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (145-for-363)
- Draymond Green: 8.3 PTS, 8.0 REB, 7.3 AST, 1.4 STL, 55.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (8-for-26)
- Andrew Wiggins: 18.4 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (60-for-147)
- Jordan Poole: 17.9 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (74-for-219)
- Kevon Looney: 5.8 PTS, 54.3 FG%
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 26.2 PTS, 8.6 REB, 42.3 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (80-for-236)
- Dennis Schroder: 17.1 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (42-for-125)
- Al Horford: 12.2 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.5 BLK, 45.3 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (31-for-105)
- Marcus Smart: 10.7 PTS, 5.6 AST, 2.1 STL, 37.8 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (35-for-128)
- Robert Williams III: 9.1 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.7 BLK, 74.6 FG%
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.