The Denver Nuggets (14-14) will look to Nikola Jokic (fifth in the league scoring 26.6 points per game) when they attempt to knock off Trae Young (second in the NBA with 27.0 PPG) and the Atlanta Hawks (14-14) on Friday, December 17, 2021 at State Farm Arena. The Nuggets are 4-point road underdogs in the matchup, which begins at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 221.
Hawks vs. Nuggets Predictions
Hawks vs. Nuggets Betting Odds
Hawks vs. Nuggets Last 10 Games
- Atlanta covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Hawks games averaged 222.2 total points, 1.2 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Hawks have a points-per-game average 3.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Denver is 5-5 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Denver games have surpassed the set total nine times.
- The past 10 Nuggets games averaged 7.1 fewer points (213.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Nuggets’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 112.0, 6.1 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Hawks vs. Nuggets Betting Trends
- Atlanta has compiled a 12-16-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 4 points or more so far this season, the Hawks have gone 6-7 against the spread.
- This season, 14 of Atlanta’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Hawks are shooting 46.4% from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points lower than the 47.0% the Nuggets allow to opponents.
- Atlanta is 10-4 against the spread and 11-3 overall when it shoots better than 47.0% from the field.
- Denver has compiled a 12-16-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nuggets are 1-5 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Denver’s games have gone over the total 16 times this year.
- The Nuggets are shooting 46.4% from the field, 1.1% higher than the 45.3% the Hawks’ opponents have shot this season.
- Denver is 9-7 against the spread and 10-6 overall when it shoots higher than 45.3% from the field.
Hawks vs. Nuggets Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of Atlanta’s 28 games have gone over Friday’s total of 221 points.
- In Denver’s 28 games this season, nine have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s total of 221.
- The Hawks average 111.4 points per game against the Nuggets’ 105.9, amounting to 3.7 points under the matchup’s point total of 221.
- These two teams surrender a combined 215.3 points per game, 5.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Hawks games is 220.6 points, 0.4 fewer than the over/under of 221 points for this contest.
- Nuggets games have an over/under of 213.7 points this season, 7.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Hawks Team Leaders
- Trae Young: 27.0 PTS, 9.3 AST, 46.1 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (77-for-201)
- Clint Capela: 11.4 PTS, 12.9 REB, 1.5 BLK, 57.0 FG%
- John Collins: 17.1 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.3 BLK, 55.7 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (35-for-87)
- Kevin Huerter: 10.7 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (48-for-125)
- Danilo Gallinari: 9.6 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (40-for-95)
Nuggets Team Leaders
- Nikola Jokic: 26.6 PTS, 13.6 REB, 7.5 AST, 1.3 STL, 58.8 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (39-for-103)
- Aaron Gordon: 14.0 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (28-for-82)
- Will Barton: 16.0 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (60-for-157)
- Monte Morris: 12.8 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (45-for-122)
- Jeff Green: 9.6 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (20-for-61)
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.