The New York Yankees are visiting the Houston Astros in their first trip back to Minute Maid Park since the two-run home run Jose Altuve hit off Aroldis Chapman to send the Astros to the World Series in 2019. Both of these teams are headed in opposite directions this season. The Yankees can not put it all together and are sitting nine games back in the AL East division. None the less the Saturday matchup between these features a stellar pitching matchup. Below I have my MLB Player Prop picks for this game.
Saturday Night Baseball Game Info
Time: Saturday, July 10th @ 1:05pm Pacific Time
Location: Minute Maid Park, Houston, Texas
Weather: Roof Closed
Run Line: Yankees -1.5 (+140) | Astros +1.5 (-160)
Money Line: Yankees -119 | Astros -101
Odds courtesy of WynnBet
Saturday Night Baseball Player Prop Bets
1. Jose Altuve to Hit a Home Run +400
- Altuve is the lead-off hitter for the Astros and currently has 19 home runs on the season. He is a great fastball hitter. Why not get the game started with a home run off of his former teammate Gerrit Cole for some early fireworks? This plus odds MLB Player prop pick has a good chance of winning.
2. Zack Greinke Under Strikeouts 4.5
- As great as Zack Greinke numbers are this season, the strikeouts are just not there for him. In fact, over his last eight starts, Greinke has recorded more than five strikeouts only twice. Furthermore, Greinke faced the Yankees on May 4th and struck out four batters in his outing.
3. Giancarlo Stanton Over 1.5 Hit +150
- Stanton is having a great season against the pitchers of the Houston Astros. Thus far this season Stanton has eight hits in 13 at bats. Furthermore, against Greinke back in May, Stanton hit a towering home run in the first inning. For whatever reason Stanton has great numbers against the Astros. In 2019, Stanton recorded five hits in 13 at bats against the Astros.
4. #DegensOnly Parlay Jose Altuve to have 3+ Hits and HOU to Win +1500
- It is a degens parlay for a reason. Jose Altuve is one of the best hitters in the Astros lineup. After last night’s loss, I am expecting the Astros to be much better this afternoon. Parlay that with Cole recently struggling since the sticky substance crackdown, and Altuve may be primed to have a big game hitting the ball.