The Tampa Bay Rays (86-74) will try to snap a three-game losing streak when visiting the Boston Red Sox (76-84) at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Rays (-116 moneyline odds to win) meet the Red Sox (-103) in a projected close contest. The Rays will start Jeffrey Springs (9-4) versus the Red Sox and Nathan Eovaldi (5-3). The game’s total is 7.5.
Rays vs. Red Sox Predictions
Rays vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay was the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and went 1-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Rays combined with their opponents to go over the run total four times.
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Boston has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Red Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Boston is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Rays vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jeffrey Springs
- The Rays are 12-12-0 ATS in Springs’ 24 starts with a set spread.
- The Rays have been favored on the moneyline in 18 of Springs’ starts this season, and they went 13-5 in those matchups.
- Springs’ team has a 17-7 record in his starts this season.
- Springs has started 24 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in six of them.
Projected starter: Nathan Eovaldi
- Eovaldi’s team is 9-10-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Boston has a record of 3-4 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Eovaldi’s team has won 10 of his 19 starts.
- Games Eovaldi has started this season hit the over eight times in 19 chances.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz has accumulated a team-best batting average of .297.
- Diaz ranks 197th in homers and 113th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Diaz heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .429 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena’s 20 home runs and 89 RBI are both team-highs.
- Arozarena ranks 62nd in home runs and 24th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Harold Ramirez has 24 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks while batting .302.
- Isaac Paredes’ 20 home runs are a team-high mark.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs with 27 and runs batted in with 88.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Devers ranks 30th in home runs and 26th in RBI.
- Devers enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .400 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts leads Boston in batting with a .305 average while slugging 14 homers and driving in 69 runs.
- Among all major league batters, Bogaerts is 123rd in homers and 66th in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has collected 166 base hits, an OBP of .330 and a slugging percentage of .409 this season.
- Verdugo has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .273 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .438 this season.
- Martinez brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.