The Boston Red Sox will face the Toronto Blue Jays in the first game of the MLB campaign on Saturday. First pitch is at 3:07 PM ET, at Rogers Centre.
The Blue Jays are favored at home (-145) against the Red Sox (+123). The Blue Jays will give the ball to Ross Stripling versus the Red Sox and Brayan Bello. The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Hitting Splits 2021
- The Blue Jays hit 135 home runs at home last season (1.7 per game).
- The Blue Jays averaged 3.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .486 in home contests.
- The club batted .273 with 747 hits (9.2 per game) at home last season.
- The Blue Jays averaged 5.5 runs per game at home.
- The Blue Jays had a .336 on-base percentage and averaged 3.0 walks per game at home.
- At home last season the team averaged 7.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 111 homers, an average of 1.4 per contest.
- They slugged .418 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .241 AVG with 8.3 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.4 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .307 clip with 3.0 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 9.4 strikeouts per contest.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ross Stripling
- When Stripling starts, the Blue Jays have gone 13-10-0 against the spread.
- The Blue Jays are 13-6 in Stripling’s 19 starts this season with Toronto as the moneyline favorite.
- Stripling’s team has a 16-7 record in his starts this season.
- Stripling’s starts went over the run total 12 times in 23 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Brayan Bello
- Bello and his team are 4-6-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- He and his team have lost each of the seven games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Bello’s team has a 2-8 record in his starts this season.
- In games Bello has started this season, the teams are 2-7-1 at hitting the over.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit 48 home runs while accumulating a batting average of .311 last season.
- Bo Bichette had 30 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .298.
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 last season with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Teoscar Hernandez collected 116 runs batted in with 163 hits.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers finished with a .279 average last season, with 38 home runs and 113 RBI.
- J.D. Martinez hit .286 with an OBP of .349 and a slugging percentage of .518.
- Xander Bogaerts finished last season with a .295 batting average while adding 23 home runs and 79 RBI.
- Alex Verdugo hit .289 with an OBP of .351 and a slugging percentage of .426.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.